Chapter 4.

Chapter 4.

*********

Arabella.

Adrian . My friend. Try as hard as I could, I couldn't get rid of him. His schedule matched mine and for a second I thought if it was purposely like that.

Adrian was a great guy. I had known him for three hours and I figured that out. He kept talking all the time, but he talked only to me. I wasn't the most popular girl in school and with his looks and personality, Adrian would for right in with the 'Its.' He didn't seem to get that most of the girls were checking him out, shooting daggers at me. And as we walked for lunch, the stares increased.

"Can we stop by my locker?" I asked, and Adrian shrugged. I punched in my number and took out my bag.

"What's that?" Adrian asked.

"Lunch."

"Don't they have a cafeteria ?" Aiden asked, frowning.

"They do," I answered. "I just don't like the food here."

"Is it that bad?"

I shrugged. He was new here, he would find out soon enough. We walked to the cafeteria in silence. I was surprised at how comfortable the silence was. Usually, I felt the need to fill up the silence, but right now, a part of me revelled in it. His hand brushed mine and a gasp escaped my lips. It was as if there were electric currents passing through my hand, my body. It was a good feeling, as funny a that sounded.

I peeked a glance at Adrian. He looked unaffected, but the way his jaw was set tightly and his fists clenched. I was surprised to feel a sense of satisfaction flow through me. So, he was affected.

"A!" Shay called out when we reached the yard. I smiled at her, smirking when her eyes widened as she stared at the Adonis next to me. The rest of our group did the same.

"You go," Adrian said. "I'll get something to eat and I have to meet Mark."

"Mark?" I asked, confused.

He ran a hand through his hair. "Oh, your principal. He's my uncle."

I didn't know what possessed me to do what I did next. "You can join us."

To say he looked surprised would be an understatement. He looked torn. "Its okay. I don't think I'll make it back in time anyways. Thank you for asking me."

I shrugged and almost passed out when his lips touched my cheek. He walked away and I stood rooted on the spot, shell shocked. I saw Shay smiling like a smug cat and walked to our table. I was instantly bombarded with questions.

"Who is he?" "Fuck, he's hot!" "Are you guys going out?"

"Guys!" I muttered, aware of the buzz the little kiss had created. It was just a kiss on the cheek, for god's sake! I didn't understand why everyone was making a big deal of it.

"He's new here. Mr. Black asked me to show him around, that's all."

Shay narrowed her eyes at me, "The little public display of affection?"

Instantly my hand went to my cheek, but I dropped it. "I don't know. He was just saying thank you. Now if this interrogation is over, I would like lunch."

Lunch was okay after that. Shay and the rest of the girls kept teasing me about Adrian and I had half a mind to walk away.

"There's a party on Friday," Freddie said, "You guys in?"

Hell yeas went around and I sat quietly, hoping no one would ask me. Freddie looked at me questioningly. I paused, parties weren't really my scene. Shay glared at me and I bit my lip. "Okay."

Cheers went around the table, they had their designated driver now. I was surprised when Adrian wasn't there for my next class. And disappointed. He was there for all the morning classes and now he wasn't here.

"You seem distracted," Shay whispered.

I shrugged. "Nothing. Just a little tired. Hannah kept waking up last night."

Stay nodded in understanding. She was the only one who knew me well and knew when to ask questions and when to keep quiet and give me space.

I didn't see Adrian after lunch. A part of me eagerly waited to see his face in every class, but I was disappointed. As I waited for my car, I looked around the parking lot, trying to guess which car was his. He looked like the sleek Mercedes type, or any other fancy car.

"Hey!" I heard his voice and I turned around. He was running towards me with a smile on his face. I gave him a small smile. "Sorry for bailing out on lunch like that, I had to take care of some stuff."

I shrugged. I wanted to say it was okay, but a part of me didn't want to. I was stunned by how much Adrian affected me already. And I had known him for about four hours.

"You finished what you were supposed to do?" I asked, curiosity killing me. I was subtly asking for information and hoped he didn't see through it.

"Yeah, I take care of my Dad's business." he shrugged like it was no big deal. I nodded. He was so young and he took care of his dad's business?

I saw my car come in the school and I turned to him. "My ride's here. See you around."

He frowned. He took a pen out of his pocket and grabbed my hand. He wrote his number and looked at me with a smile that would make any girl go weak in her knees and fall for him. "Text me, okay? Don't tell me you lost my number tomorrow."

I laughed. Dave opened the door for me, eyeing Adrian, assessing him. I saw Adrian do the same. "Bye!" I smiled and got it. Dave shut the door and I looked at a frowning Adrian.

Dave was also my bodyguard. Only Shay knew that. He was constantly around me, even when I went out. I knew that Adrian had noticed something and was going to ask me tomorrow. I frowned. Tomorrow.

My phone beeped and I looked down. It was a text from an unknown, private number. I opened the text.

'Don't forget to text me sweetcheeks.'

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. Sweetcheeks? How did he get my number? It was a private number. But a stupid grin made its way to my face when I replied.

'How did you get my number?'

His reply was instantaneous. 'Shay. I was afraid you wouldn't text me back.'

'I think that borders to stalker :C'

'You really hurt my feelings now :('

I smiled. Hurt his feelings? 'Stop pretending.'

'Ignoring you now.'

I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face. Dave spoke, stopping me from replying. "We're here Ms. Marquez."

I thanked him and got out, stopping in my tracks. Ian.

***********