Chapter 6.

My Human Mate.

Chapter 6.

"Ugh! This is too tiny!" I groaned as Shay and Hannah looked at me in amusement. I was holding a pink dress which was too short. I think.

I had never been so nervous for a date before. Maybe that was because I had never asked someone on a date before this. What was I thinking? Asking Adrian on a date! I swear, sometimes it felt as if my brain and mouth had no coordination.

"What about this?" Shay asked, picking up a black dress. Hmm. Black. Adrian Black. I nodded, trying on the dress. It was a great number, which I had never worn before. I opted for wedges, knowing heels would probably kill me.

"How do I look?" I asked my sister and best friend, twirling around. My hair was already wavy, and I decided to leave it like that.

"You look amazing!" both exclaimed and I stared at them with apprehension. One look from Shay shut me up though.

Adrian was picking me up at seven thirty. Though I asked him out, he insisted that he chose the place, and picked me up.

"Is Dave coming with you?" Hannah asked. Dave was my bodyguard.

I gave her a slight nod. Dave came with me wherever I went. I had to be careful, and Dave was a trained fighter. Grandma trusted him with my life and so did I.

"Where's grandma?" I asked Hannah. She shrugged something about another tea party, making me wonder what was up with my grandmother. She never did tea parties and was almost always at home. Something had to be wrong. 

"Miss?" I heard Celia, one of our maids call from outside. "Mr. Adrian is here."

I opened the door and smiled at her, "Thank you Celia. I'll be down in a minute."

"Have fun!" Shay said and I smiled at her. I picked up my purse, dropping my phone in and some cash and walked down. As soon as I entered the living room, I think I forgot how to breathe.

Adrian looked completely edible in jeans and a white linen shirt. He grinned at me and produced one single rose from behind his back. My eyes widened and I stepped back from him.

"Are you okay Belle?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

"Uh..." I stammered, "Rose, allergic."

His face fell, then lit up with realisation. He moved away from me and kept the rose on the far away table. "Bathroom?"

I pointed towards the bathroom, hating these moments. When my dates bought roses for me and I ran away from them because I was allergic to them.

"I'm all clear now," Adrian grinned as he walked towards me.  He pulled me in his arms and placed a chaste kiss on my lips, leaving me stunned.

"Lets go," He murmured, pulling me out with him. Dave met us at the front door, his face set in the hard mask.

"Where to Ms. Marquez?" he asked.

Adrian's hand tightened on mine. "I'm taking her for dinner. I don't think you need to be there."

Dave gave Adrian a sidelong look, "Ms. Marquez is under my protection. I can't let her leave alone."

"Do you doubt me Dave?" Adrian asked, making me frown. They were familiar with each other? How?

"No sir." Dave muttered and moved away. I stared at him in utter surprise. Adrian wasted no time, taking my hand and leading me to his car. He opened the door for me and I wordlessly got in, still stunned.