Chapter 2.

My Human Mate.

Chapter 2.

I couldn't believe that I had a human mate. In our world having a human mate was the greatest thing that could happen to one. Having a human mate meant more than having a werewolf mate. We had to control our wolves for as long as our mate was ready for us to mark her. In a werewolf the wolf took over almost instantly if we found our mate. And most wolves usually mated even before they knew each other's name.

Having a human mate meant that you had found your one true soul mate. The werewolves who had a human mate were respected and revered immensely. They were considered an asset. And for an alpha to have a human mate was the best thing ever. The only person in my entire bloodline to have a human was my great great grandfather. And since then the pack has been waiting for a miracle to happen. And this miracle was Arabella.

Arabella. That was the most beautiful name that I have ever heard. But the next words spoken to her caught my attention and brought me back from my musings.

"Did you speak to Ian as yet?" the blonde sitting beside her asked. I felt my blood boil. Who in the world was Ian? And judging from her reaction it was clear that she didn't like Ian that much.

"I have," she replied and then added, "It's not like I have a choice. He keeps calling all day long and it is rude to ignore someone for that long."

The girl sitting next to her frowned and said, "Well maybe you should meet him and see where things go. See if it works out."

"I know that things won't go anywhere." My beautiful sighed and I glared at her. Was she really thinking that? It wasn't as if she couldn't feel the bond between us. I know that she is human and all but she would feel a small part of the bond.

"But he was good to you, right?" her friend asked and I wanted to do no more than show her friend who she belonged to.

"Yes, Shay." She said and I heard the exasperation clearly in her voice. Before her friend could say anything she said, "And I do recall you promising me that we wouldn't talk about Ian."

Her friend shot her a glare and shut up. I watched as the waiter served them their food. I was hoping that one of them would start a conversation with her and I could hear her beautiful voice once again.

"The guy with the black hair is totally checking you out Belle," Shay said and Arabella's head instantly snapped up to meet mine. She looked surprised that I was still looking at her and an adorable blush covered her face.

"He is not," she contradicted, "He's looking at something else." She wishes! I knew for a fact that she knew as well as me that I was looking at her and not anything else.

"Whatever rocks your boat." Shay sighed and I realised something. Her friend, however annoying she was cared a lot about her. It also felt like she was protective about her. It made me wonder what she had been through. It was obvious, that she had been hurt.