Chapter Thirty-four

I woke up in the morning to Silas pressing a kiss to my forehead. "I need to go, Aggele mou."

          I opened my eyes and blushed, remembering the kiss we'd shared just hours before. Silas was already off my bed. He had his shoes on and was ready to go. I checked out my window, and the early morning light was starting to glow. "Ok." I got out of bed and stretched with my arms above my head, my back popping in the process. I bit my lip, not quite sure what protocol was. Was I supposed to offer him breakfast or walk him to the door? Silas reached out, asking for my hand, and I took it. We walked through the common room to my front door.

          Ummmm... "Thank you for coming over," I offered. Smooth, Sang. Real smooth.

          Silas brought my hand to his lips, leaving a kiss on my knuckles, then my palm, then my wrist. "Can I see you again tonight?"

          Tonight? Tonight... there was something going on tonight, but with his lips on my skin, I couldn't think what. But there was definitely something. "I-I can't."

          He held my hand to his chest. "Tell me when."

          I was busy all week except Friday afternoon. I told Silas. He frowned. "I'm leaving Friday morning for a few days." He sighed. "Next week."

          Next week was wide open. With the diner being closed, I only had to worry about the self-defense classes I'd be taking on Tuesdays and my regular college classes. "Monday?"

          He smiled his perfect smile. "I'll pick you up." And he did. He picked me up right then and there in his arms. I put my arms around his neck. "Kiss me," he said. I was worried that I'd maybe forgotten how. "Practice makes perfect."

          I giggled. Silas beamed then swooped in and kissed me. He held me close as his lips moved against mine. Before I could worry about my technique or morning breath, he was pulling away and setting me on my feet. "Bye, Aggele."

         "Bye, Silas," I said in a breathy tone.

*********

          I practically skipped to the IT building. I had about forty-five minutes before I needed to head to Spanish Lit, so I stopped and grabbed a coffee on my way. The barista wrote 'Same' on my cup, and I laughed thinking of how my whole life had changed just one week ago because of a cup of coffee.

          Corey's office door was open. When I peeked inside, he wasn't there, but Wil was. "Hi, Wil!" I said cheerily as I stepped inside. "Is Corey in yet this morning?"

          Wil went a bit white and pulled at his collar. "Oh, hey, Sang. Yeah, he's just down the hall. He should be back soon." He shoved both his hands in his pockets and stared at me before blinking and offering me a seat.

         "Thanks!" I chirped. I settled into the chair in front of his desk and put my coffee down in front of me. "How are you doing, Wil?"

          He sat down in the chair behind the desk. "Good, I guess. I don't know. Things are kinda weird."

          I cocked my head to the side. "Weird? Why?"

          He twisted his lips. "With Kayli gone, things are..." He shrugged, letting his sentence trail off. "She wanted me to go with her and Blake. I like what I do with Corey though."

          Had Wil been involved with Kayli too? And Corey. I had thought it was just Corey and Raven. I hadn't even know that Wil knew Kayli. But he didn't like that she was gone. I felt for him. From what I understood, she'd left Corey and Raven for Blake. My mind swirled as I tried to understand the convoluted relationship they'd all been in. "I'm sorry," I sympathized. "Break-ups are hard." Not that I know from experience.