Chapter 44

"Are you afraid?"

¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

Three weeks later...

The tension between the Resistance and the Murvanians had subsided. Over the course of the three weeks, it looked like the two very different people had started to accept one another—Nyx had seen Murvanians and humans trying to converse together, they were even laughing. She had also seen a human helping Ismae in carrying some heavy equipment (even though she didn't need any help).

But it was Arden that was causing a huge amount of trouble. He hated the Resistance. Nyx had lost track of how many times she had yelled at him because of the foul things he said about them. What made things worse was that he was starting to develop feelings for her. Nyx couldn't bring herself to tell him that she was in love with Kylo and not him.

The training of the Resistance soldiers was proving to be most difficult and Nyx decided to take matters into her own hands. Clearly the warriors she had assigned to teach them were failing miserably at their job.

"Sister." She jumped as she felt a cool hand rest on her arm. "Oh, I apologize if I startled you."

"No, it's fine Ora," Nyx said with a small smile. "You can sit down if you want." She patted the spot on the log next to her. "It's not the most comfortable spot, but it is quite relaxing."

Ora sighed as she sat down and stretched her arms. "Are you thinking about him?"

"Which one?"

"The blonde haired idiot that adores you even though you support something he doesn't," Ora breathed out in one sentence.

"Yes, I am thinking about him." She held up her hand as Ora went to interrupt. "I am thinking about how to tell him that I do not share the same feelings for him as he does me. My heart belongs only to Kylo. No one else."

Her older sister nodded approvingly and then looked out at the horizon. "It seems the the pilot, Poe Dameron, has...started to form an attraction towards me as well."

"And what are your thoughts on this, Ora?" Nyx inquired curiously. There was a gleam in her Amber eyes.

"Well..." her sister seemed to ponder her answer "...he is very unique in a way. He often rambles on about the components of an X-Wing—something I don't find intriguing."

"No, no," Nyx said, her hands making swift cutting motions to make her sister stop talking. "No, what do you think about him? How do you feel about this? Do you share the same feelings as him?"

"I don't know him that well, Sister. He's nice, yes, but even  if I did fall for him, we could never truly be together."

Nyx's brows seemed to mend together. "What do you mean?"

"I'm immortal sister. He is not. I can live for thousands of years, he can only live for perhaps fifty more years," Ora explained. "Sister? Sister are you alright? You look pale."

"I'm fine." Her reply was sharp and Curt, and it took Ora by surprise. "I'm sorry sister...Come, today I want you and I to train the humans." She stood.

"What? No, I'm not teaching them. Hardly any of them can do a roundhouse kick. That's possibly the easiest kick to do," Ora whined.

The two strolled off back towards the cave.

"Sister you forget, the humans are not as skilled as we are. The majority of them here are simple citizens of other planets. The only reason why they joined was for justice," Nyx said, pushing a bit of shrubbery out of her way.