Chapter 1

AVA

I walk silently down the halls as people snort at me and call me names. "Hey Ava" i hear a nasally voice behind me. Crud. I turn slowly putting on an a mask of terror. My blood curdled as Brittney came into view. She is the literal color of orange. She wears a tight shirt not hiding anything and a mini skirt reaching centimeters for her butt. She has blond hair and green eyes like mine. I have dark brown hair that hangs at my shoulders. "Yes" i say making my voice shake. "Why don't you just die, god, you're so weak" she spits at me. I look down at my shoes and clutch my binder tighter around my chest. She scoffs and pushes past me. Her minions follow as the last one shoves me against the lockers. I hate them i think. I continue walking to my locker and open it only to have it shut on my hand. I yelp back in pain as i come eye to eye with Brittney. She smile sickly and slaps me across my face. It didn't even hurt. I snap back to reality snapping my head to the side.She didn't notice. Idiot. She burns holes into my head "Ava, Ava, Ava" she says. She throws me back against my locker and smiles sickly at me. She is about to hit me again, but the bell rings. "Saved by the bell Nerd" she hisses at me flouncing away with her group. I reopen my locker and pick up my binder. I shove it in and grab my math book. I touch my cheek knowing it's probably a little red. I adjust my fake big rimmed glasses and look down at my clothes. I'm wearing a black hoodie that ends at the start of my butt. Then i have long baggy jeans with white converse. I check the outfit making sure it still hid me. I rushed over to my math class and charge through the door. The teacher nods at me to sit. I take a seat to the end of the classroom in the back. I feel eyes watching me and see Mason watching me curiosity filling his eyes. I turn back towards the front as his Hazel eyes try to hold my green ones. I stare ahead zoning in and out of the lesson still feeling Mason's eyes on me. I feel a sharp pain go through my hand as i squeeze it. I bring my hand up and look at it. It's partially swollen and bruised, stupid Brittney. I glare at my hand as one a streak of my brown hair falls in my face snapping me out of my many ways to murder Brittney. I stare ahead and try to focus in on the lesson. I have a fight today and of course just like she always does brittney has to ruin it for me. I draw small invisible circles on the back of my hand as the teacher keeps rambling.  The bell rings and i stand and grab my things as everybody rushes out the door. I breath in deeply and walk out as the name calling begins. I hold my head down and walk through the crowds of people. School sucks. I run to my next class and sit in the back as the bell rings. Mr. wormwood starts on his history lecture. Halfway through the lecture the door swings open revealing a disheveled Mason and on of Britney's minions who had her hair tossed everywhere and her clothes pushed up. Mason strides through sitting in the corner of the room as the girl runs over and sits next Brittney. I hold in a gag. I roll my eyes at my desk as the girls looks over at Mason winking seductively. I hold in a small smile as a disappointed look crosses her face when Mason looks away from her. What did she think was gonna happen?