Chapter 9

Ava

I turn my hand in the light examining my purple and blue hand. The bruises on my knuckles making my light skin look pale. I swallow my lump as i get out of bed.  My anger had died down during the night. I left 8 bloody pulps of people in my wake. I was a monster last night during my fights. They had to pull me off of every fight. Riker ended up dragging me out of there. I walk slowly over to the mirror and lift up my black shirt. Above my sweats i had a large bruises reaching towards my scar that dragged across my stomach. I touch it gently raking my finger along. i wince slightly as i press on it. Hopefully it heals soon. I rake a hand through my hair as i walk toward my closet. I'm not going to school today. I need to get prepared for the war that James is going to bring. I slip into my leather leggings and gray crop top shirt. I slip on my combat green jock jacket and walk toward my bathroom. My paint is splattered over the sink. I ignore it to tired to care. I look into the mirror and put my hair in a messy pony tail. I put on a dark red lipstick and put on my black eyeliner and mascara. (Outfit on top). I slip my phone into my pocket and walk toward my bed again. I open my nightstand and grab my small gun and knife. I slip on my combat boots and tuck my gun inside of them. I slip the knife into a holder on my back that is covered by my jacket. I grab another knife and stick it in my other boot. I look in the mirror. It's not a lot of weapons, but i don't need that many. I walk out of my bedroom into my living room. I thumb my fingers over the counter as i think of all the things i will need. I walk out my house and lock the door. I look around my sense on fire with warning. I numbly touch my back feeling the knife. I bring my hand back to the front and walk down my street. The cold breeze touches my face and swirls around my legs. I shiver slightly and hoist the jacket closer. I walk toward Riker house. It's only a few blocks away from here. I walk lightly my sense growing more panicked with every second. I quicken my pace hating that I'm out in the open. I see Riker's house and sigh in relief. It's short lived as i see two figures pass by the window. I feel my heart clench as all my muscles scream with fear. I duck into a bush by his front door. I walk slowly backward toward the side of the house. I let my back skim his wall as i walk slowly. I close my eyes and grit my teeth as i hear voices. "He isn't here and there is nothing on Ava" One voice says. I feel the tears emerging on the sides of my eyes and i embrace the joy of the fact Riker wasn't there. "James won't be happy" Another voice says. "No he won't" the voice from earlier says. I hear there footsteps coming farther away from the window. I rush to the side of the house and press myself against hiding in the bush still. They come out of the front door as pear through the bush. They have black mask over there face and there dressed in a black shirt and leather jacket with navy blue jeans. I watch as they walk down the street and get into a dark camaro down the street. I swallow the hard lump in my throat and fold into myself. I feel my phone vibrating and take it out of my pocket. My heart skips a beat as i see Riker's number appear on my screen. I hesitate before i answer. "Hello" I say my voice calm as my hand grips into my phone. "Ava, Is that you Ava" Riker's voice rings through and i sigh in relief. "Riker are you okay, there were these guys at your house" I say in a rush. "I'm fine are you okay" He asks. I nod and realize he can't see me. "I'm fine" I lie. "How come you didn't tell me James was back" He sounds pained as he asks. "I'm sorry, i just found out yesterday when he payed me a visit as i was walking out of school" I say my voice low. "WHAT" He screams through the phone. I grimace and hold it away from my ear. "Don't yell" I snap at the phone. I look around and come out from behind the bush. "Where are you" He asks. "I'm at your house" I say as i slowly open his broken front door. "It's trashed by the way" I say. He sighs over the phone. "I'm coming to get you" He says. "Okay, bye" i say. "bye" He says. I sigh and look around his house. There are tables overturned and thrown about. Papers and his furniture in a horrid mess. I swallow as i feel the tears come forward. I let them fall and look around. James is back. I accept it for the first time and collapse on the floor. I let myself sink into the wall as i cry. Why, James, why?