Chapter 12

Mason Pov 

Her green eyes are widen with shock as she stares over at me waiting for an answer. We are in her bedroom. It's a small blue room with a desk chair and a queen bed with gray blanket. I'm sitting on her bed and electricity is shooting through me at how close i am to her. "We have to know how you know James" I say. She sighs and looks down at her hands folded in her lap. "I can't tell you" She whispers. I glare at her head as she turns to look at me. Her eyes are weighted and pained. "I know James in a bad way" She says turning her eyes back to her legs. When we saw what she was wearing was all a crop top and leggings saying were shocked is an understatement. She looked hot though i will admit that much.  "What kind of bad way" Jess ask. I turn to look at him. He is no longer leaning against the wall. He is standing a couple of steps away from her his arms crossed.  "Answer us nerd" I spit out. "My name is Ava" She snaps at me turning her fiery green eyes unto me. "I hold my hand up in surrender chuckling. I did know her name, but i just never had said it. "Sorry, Ava" I say liking the way her name rolls on my tongue. "You need to answer us Ava" i say my voice close to pleading. "I can't, i know James better than anyone and he is nothing, but pain and trouble" she croaks out. Her eyes now pained. I nod and look at the boys who seem to agree with leaving it at that. "You're not much of a nerd are you" Trevor asks. She chuckles an looks over to him. "Took you that long to figure it out" she says chuckling. That earns a small laugh from all of us. She has a small smile leak onto her face. A weird feeling charges through me from the smile on her face. She slide off of her bed standing in front of us. "Want some food" She says looking at all of us. We nod and she walks out the door with us following behind her. She heads to her kitchen and pulls out some bread and peanut butter. She lays it out on the counter and turns to her small white fridge grabbing the jelly out of it. She puts it on the counter as Trevor goes over to the kitchen and lays out the bread. She turns again and grabs a butter knife and spoon. She sends a smile his way making anger course through my body. I keep my face emotionless as i watch her. She smiles as she puts the peanut butter on the bread. "Can i see your gun" Jess asks her. She looks at him questioning for a few moments before she brings her ankle up and slides out her gun. She point it at Jess and twirls it in her hand so the butt of the gun is facing him. He takes it out of her hand examining it.  It's a small black gun that fits snugly in his hand. He nods at it as she continues to make the sandwiches. I notice that she look at Jess from the corner of her watching him warily. I watch her as she finishes the sandwiches handing them off to us. I stand as she walks out of the kitchen. I block her path before she can pass me my shoulder in the middle of her chest. We are inches from touching. My mouth goes dry as i lean to her ear. "I will find out" I whispers to her my breath brushing her ear lobe. She look at me defiant "Good luck" She whispers back in a teasing tone. She brushes past me and shake my head. I will find out even if it kills me.