Chapter one: Shut Up

Your character is what you do when no one is looking. No one ever looks at me. I'm Scarlett. No one ever looks.

     I live in an orphanage. It's small and quiet, just like me. But, for some reason, I'm hated. Maybe it's because I've been here so long. No one wants me. Maybe because of my scars. I only have one whole arm. My left arm stops right under the elbow. I only have one eye. I have lots of scars. Our "caretaker" (can you even call her that? She hates us), Ms. Lushina, is old and evil. "Scarlett!" She yelled today. "Get down here!" I sighed, slipped on a pair of grey sweatpants, a pink shirt, and black converse, and headed down the stairs to the kitchen. She glared at me. "Make breakfast." She glowered. That's my job, by the way, I have to make breakfast every day for my group of girls.

     While I was in the kitchen, making pancakes, I heard a voice crackle over the PA. "All girls in sector Delta come to be interviewed." The voice said.
     Ms. Lushina looked in. "Get out here." I dusted the leftover pancake mix off my hands and arms, and followed her wth all the other girls. Yay, I thought, another interview with some couple who'll think I'm retarded. Boy, was I wrong.