Chapter 1~ Princess Elena

Note: Love this song, and hope you enjoy it too! <3

It was sunny. Just like every day before that, and every day after.

"Princess Elena, its time to rise milady." A soft knock sounded just moments after the familiar voice.

The sheets were warm, and fluffed to perfection.

"I prepared your favorite this morning. A chocolate croquette on cream with a side of warm cinnamon spiced milk."

The assistants, were still the same people.

"Call me when you are ready to dress milady." She had said, leaving with a bow and a gentle smile.

I was always called the same thing. Out of respect for my blood, and heritage.

Everyone had been calling me Princess Elena for as long as I could remember.

I am royalty. But I am not a princess.

Nor am I a girl.

My name, is not even Elena.

This is just what my mother, and everyone else in this castle calls me.

You see, my mother had always wanted a daughter. And after giving birth to me, she immediately tried for another child.

Had that child not died, I would have been a big brother.

My mother named me Elias. And hoped that for her second child, she could name her Elena, after our late queen. Or, my grandmother.

But she didn't have a daughter. She had me.

I was the child she never really wanted. While she was happy at first that she had given birth to her first son, when her second child had passed away before she could even hold it in her arms, she suddenly turned sad. Instead of seeing me as Elias, she convinced everyone that my name was Elena.

That I was to be the next Princess of the Moreau family.

I do not want that.

I am still young, at the age of 13, so it isn't as if I have much of a say. I am to be a "good girl" and become this families queen in the next few years.

But I wont.

I am not Elena. I am not a princess.

My name is Elias. Elias Dene Moreau. And I am the first Prince of this royal family.

I am not some sweet little girl. I will not be married to someone who I have never even met before. I will not be my mothers "dream".

Standing from my bed, and carefully avoiding the breakfast tray at my side, I made my way to my bureau.

Sitting down onto my plush velvet seat, I looked into the mirror with disgust once again.

My hair reached past my shoulders, connecting with the small of my back. The yellow luminous from the morning sun shown brightly against my azure colored hair. 

Clear blue eyes stared right back at me. Long eyelashes fluttering with each blink. Cheeks painted a pink that I had grown used to.

I even looked like a girl. In most eyes, despite what my birth certificate might say, I really could be a girl.

I wasn't though.

I reached for my hair brush, taking note on how almost everything inside of my room was painted a hideous pink.

Running the soft bristles through my hair, I watched my forced movements in the reflection before me.

"I want to get a hair cut..." I said, slowly looping some of my long strands around a finger.

Mom would never allow it though.

Setting my hair brush down, I couldn't help when my eyes fell upon a family picture that had been taken of my mother, father and I.

It was back when I was still young. When I was allowed to be Elias.

And I was smiling. And laughing. Something I hadn't really done in a long time.

In fact, all of us were. Even my mom. She looked so genuinely happy.

I smiled slightly at the image, but shook it away just as quickly when I heard a knock at my door.

"Princess? Have you finished your breakfast?"

Now I remember.

This was why.

This was the reason I had stopped smiling.

'Princess', they say.

"Yes, I am coming." I reply, faking a smile to no one in particular.

I stopped being Elias all those years ago.

Standing from my stool, I slipped my pink house slippers on, and made my way to the door.

I was never allowed to be Elias. Not once. Not after...

Placing my soft hand on the door knob, I turned it open to reveal my maid Cassandra's face. She smiled gently at me, and made way so that we could walk to my mothers chambers. 

Every moment I wanted to just strip away from being a Princess. Every moment that I just wanted to be myself.

"Did you have a good rest, milady?"

All those times I asked mother if I could stop being Elena. And all those times she would yell at me.

"Yes, I feel very refreshed today."

I am fed up with being one of her dolls.

"That's good to hear," Cassandra said, a happy ring in her voice.

No matter what anyone says, I will not be Elena anymore.

"Indeed,"

I am Elias. I have always been Elias.

"Milady, I have brought your daughter," Cassandra said, giving a soft knock to my mothers door.

Don't be afraid of her. She is the one who has the shackles. We need to break free from her.

"Enter."

No matter what happens, you will always be Elias. And nothing will change that.

"Be a sweet little Princess and bring mommy her hair brush, okay?"

I am me.

"You have always been my sweet little girl."

I am me.

"I love you, my little Elena."

I am Elias.

A/N: Hey there everyone! So just a side note here, in case you're curious on how I pronounce Elias's name, it is (El-eye-us). Just in case you were calling him (El-eye-ass) or (El-e-as). Though I guess it doesn't matter that much! Anyways, I am super excited to continue writing this, because its something different from what I normally do. I mean, the whole yaoi thing is still there, but I am just talking about the story in general. If you like it, and you want me to continue, (Though I would do that either way), then make sure to let me now what you think. Don't be shy, I love helpful criticism! Though afterwards, I might cry because of how much I would have been corrected. So thanks so reading guys, and see you at the next update! :)