Chapter 12~ Promises

!Note!: Another song yay! I updated, yay! Although, I doubt anyone really cares, so lets just get into it, shall we?

Elias (POV)

That morning after breakfast, Mrs. Margaret had slowly approached me, and with a sad look on her face, she asked if she could speak to me in private.

"You're not in trouble dear, I promise." She reassured me, and placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

You couldn't blame me for being a little skeptical. And the thought that maybe she found out about something scared me. However, I swallowed my worries, nd followed her out of the cafeteria.

Glancing back to Hyde, Misa and Joshua who all watched me with confused gazes. Misa looked a little worried, and she even tried to follow after me, but Hyde stopped her.

His green eyes scanned over me, and the smallest twitch was seen along his lips. A faint smile playing at them. I couldn't help when I did the same.

When Mrs. Margaret led me to her office, she offered me a seat, and sat down in her own chair.

It was silent for awhile, and just looking at the look on her face was making my stomach churn. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know why I was in here. But there was no backing out of this. Whatever she had found out, whatever she would say, I would answer with honesty.

This orphanage meant more then the world to me at this point. These children...every single one of them. I had grown to love them all. It wasn't something that I could have stopped if I wanted to. So now, this was my life. And I was hoping that things would stay that way.

"Elias," She began, finally looking me in the eye.

Mrs. Margaret slid a paper-back folder onto her desk, but didn't proceed to opening it.

"I didn't want to ask you directly where you came from, because it really isn't any of my business. But because you were new to the orphanage without any parental background, naturally I had to go looking for information." She paused and took a deep breath.

Then, she opened the folder.

Inside was a picture of myself from a long, long time ago. Along with many paper indicating where I was from, who my parents were, and who I was.

Almost immediately, I felt tears stinging t my eyes.

This is it. She found out about everything. Now, there was no way that I could stay here.

I cant...live a normal life anymore.

"Elias, sweetheart calm down." Mrs. Margaret reached over and cupped my hand in hers. I wasn't sure what she meant by calm down, until I realized that I had been breathing heavily. My hands were shaking, and hot tears had finally fallen down my cheeks.

"I promise you that I am not going to force you from our orphanage. But I just have to ask...why?"

At this point, it didn't really matter.

So, I told her everything.

~

The response that Mrs. Margaret had given me was warming. It was nice to know that she didn't want me to leave.

'Elias my dear, I have come to love you as one of my own, and more than anything, I don't want to see you go. But this isn't up to me. You ran away from home. So as far as I'm concerned...'

Outside in the garden, I found Hyde, Misa and Joshua all sitting near a tulip flower bed.

'You have to go home.'