Chapter 6~ Everything's "Alright"

!Note!: Here is a picture of Joshua for you

!Note!: Here is a picture of Joshua for you. He has had a pretty shitty life up until now. So please bear with his asshole personality. Anyways, enjoy this chapter, and the beautiful songs with it. :)

Joshua's (POV)

It was always scary. Where I used to be.

I always thought that nothing could ever get worse. Nothing could ever get better. That that, was the end of it.

Light would never reach my eyes. Warmth would never touch my skin.

It would always remain dark. A desolate place that I can never forget.

And now that I'm here, with all of these other children who have gone through traumatic situations, I find myself angry when I see them smile. How can anyone be happy after anything like that? How can they laugh, when they've lost everything? How can they feel comfortable around others, when it was always other people who would hurt them?

I don't understand. I hate being left in the dark.

How can they...act as if nothing ever happened?

As if their parents hadn't thrown them out, in the hopes that they would die and wither away.

Always forgotten. Nothing remembered.

Not even a speck left behind.

With shattered memories.

That was how it was for me. Yet all of the other children, had just cast it aside. Acting as if they didn't seek revenge on the people who caused them soul breaking pain.

Why was I the only one?

"Welcome to your new home. Everyone, this is Joshua. Treat him nicely, okay?"

No. She was wrong. I didn't need their pity.

"Hey, Joshua! Wanna come play with us?"

I didn't need their happiness.

"My name is Misa. Lets be friends! Okay, big brother Joshua?"

I don't want their happiness!

"STOP IT! I DONT NEED YOUR PITY! STOP ACTING LIKE WE ARE FRIENDS! I DONT NEED ANYONE!"

I don't need them.

'"I don't need anyone."'

~~~~

"Joshua," through my haze of thoughts, I recognized my name immediately, and looked up.

There was the strange boy. Staring right back at me, with crystal colored eyes. 

Clicking my tongue in annoyance at his way of speaking, I turned my head, and continued walking down the hall.

"Don't talk to me like we are friends."