Chapter 8~ The Broken Queen

!Note!: Just in case you were curious as to what the queen looked like! Enjoy the song! :)

Third Person (POV)

A soft knock was the only sound that had erupted in the quiet almost painting like room that day.

"Eleanor, my darling. Please...come out of there." A gentle voice called from the other side.

It was the king.

He had been pestering her non-stop about leaving the room.

Ever since Elena had fled the castle, she mad been nothing put soft sobs, and occasional words.

Naturally, the king and everyone else in the palace, worried for her health immensely.

Though there was nothing they could do for the sorrowful queen.

She had now lost both of her children. What could she do?

"At least come out for dinner. We are all worried about you my dear-"

"SHUT UP! LEAVE ME BE! CANT YOU SEE I DONT WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE!"

The raven haired queen chocked on a sad sob, barely managing her next words.

"Please just...leave me..."

Her husband hated hearing her like this. He wished that there was something that he could do to help her.

He and the rest of the staff of the mansion, thought about going out to search for Prince Elias. But most of them realized, that even if the Prince had returned, the trauma that the queen had experienced had still been too great. Her delusions had clouded her mind over the years. There was no way that she would listen to reason.

Wherever his son was now, the king just hoped that he was in good hands.

For there was nothing even he could do, to make the queen see...

The abuse she had put upon the poor child.

~~~~

Eleanor (POV)

~~~Flash back to 8 years ago~~~

Elias current age: 5

~~~

"Mama, can we use this for the crown to?" small pale hands placed a small but messy bouquet of red roses in my lap.

"Oh, Elias sweet heart. You didn't have to pick these for me." I gave him a warm smile, and pat his soft hair.

"But I know that mama likes roses." He said, smiling widely.

"You do right? You like roses!"

I nod my head, and take the roses into hand.

"I do. Mama loves roses very much."