Chapter 9: Why?

Y/n- Your name

E/c- Eye color

H/c- Hair color

F/c- Favorite color

2/f/c- Second favorite color

_______________________________________

Aphmau's POV

2 hours since you disappeared

It was the dead of night. The tiny village was peacefully quiet. If only they knew what had just happened.

I decided to go by her house. To make sure that the man had completed his side of the deal. I scanned my amber eyes around the area to make sure no one was going to notice. I quickly opened the door and went inside, making sure to close the door behind me. I went to her bedroom and popped my head in there.

Perfect, she's gone! Now I can have Garroth all to myself!

I looked down and saw a pool of blood and what looked like a piece of her cloak. I quickly pick the piece up and put it away. I can't have anyone finding her. I know they will go looking for her, but without anything of hers to go off of, they won't be able to trace her. I smiled to myself and started to walk out when I noticed that it made her look like she poofed away.

No one will believe she just poofed away. I quickly grabbed a rock from outside and broke the window in her room as quietly as possible. Then I ran out of the house and straight towards my house. I quickly close my door and turn down the light.

Hopefully no one saw me do that.

What she didn't know was a certain guard had seen the whole thing.

Garroth's POV

It was a beautiful night and all seemed peaceful at the gate.

I think Aphamu may have been mistaken, it's seems peaceful.

I sighed and leaded against the tower. I couldn't get my mind off of Y/N. I just want to run into her house and comfort her. She seemed so upset after what happened. I don't know why, but I just can't shake off the feeling she was hiding something from me. I shake my head and start scanning the area.

Suddenly Kaitlyn came running up to me.

"Garroth, you won't believe what I just saw happen," Kaitlyn said in a panicked voice.

"What happened Kaitlyn?"

She sighed and looked down, "You won't believe me if I told you."

I put my hand on her shoulder, "Just tell me Kaitlyn."

She nodded her head and took a deep breath, "I saw Aphmau go into Y/N's house, she was in there for a few minutes. I heard glass break and she ran out. Garroth, somethings wrong."

I tensed up.

Why was Aphmau at Y/N's house? What does she mean somethings wrong? Is Y/N okay?

"Come on Kaitlyn, let's go! Laurance, keep guard."

Laurance nodded and took my spot. I quickly ran towards Y/n's house with Kaitlyn right behind me. We soon reached the house. I got out my sword and had it at the ready, just in case. I put my hand on the doorknob and quietly opened the door. I looked around the small house, nothing seemed wrong yet. I loked over and saw that one door was slightly open, a slight breeze blowing through. I looked back at Kaitlyn, signaling for her to go to the opposite side of the door. She nodded and quickly went to her position. I positioned myself and made eye contact with her.

1....2....3!!

We both pust into the room only to see the room in completely torn up. The f/c bed was messed up. I look down only to see a pool of blood on the f/c carpet. My grip on my sword got tighter.

Who would do this to Y/N! She did nothing to anybody.

I look up and my eyes focus on a what looks like a char mark. Almost like something black had been there. I lift myself up and see the broken window.

Weird, the whole window is gone. No shards of glass anywhere. Almost like someone took their to break this window.

My eyes narrow and I walk over to Kaitlyn.

"This all seems to odd Garroth. Why would they make sure there is no glass in the window? They would want to get out of here as soon as possible, why waste your time with the window? Also, that char stuff looks like some sort of magic user was here."

I nodded, it would make sense if a magic user would do it. None of us saw anyone enter or exit the village. That would mean someone would have to teleport in here and have to have enough energy to teleport out of here.

I sigh, the only thing that doesn't make sense is the window. I deeply breath in and sigh.

"The only thing I am worried about it Y/N. Why would someone want to take her? Why not our lord?"

Kaitlyn nodded and said, "That does make sense. Why go after some new girl instead of the lord?"

My eyes widened, "Wait Kaitlyn, you said you saw Aphmau run in here. Did you see anything weird before that?"

Kaitlyn put her hand on her chin. Then she gasped, "I did. I was making my way to the wall. I was passing by Y/N's place and I barely saw it, no wonder I didn't think anything of it, but I saw a kind of like a quick flash of light and then it was gone. I remember thinking it was nothing until I saw Aphmau running towards her house. I don't know why but I felt like I needed to watch, so I did. I told you the rest earlier."

I walk out of the room and walked outside, Kaitlyn following behind me. I set my blue eyes on the purple house that sat on the hill.

"I don't know if I am stepping out of line by saying this, but I feel like Aphmau had something to do with Y/N disappearing."

My eye's widened, "Kaitlyn, what makes you say that?"

"Just call it a hunch," she said folding her arms across her chest.

I sighed. Kaitlyn's hunches were never wrong, although this time I am hoping it was wrong.

"Garroth, Aphmau has something to do with Y/N dissapearing. Trust me!"

I nodded. It did seem off, and Aphmau had been acting odd since Y/N was here.

"I have a feeling you may be right Kaitlyn. Let's go talk to Aphmau."

___________________________________________________

A/N:

TADA!!! What do you think? Getting better right? Don't worry Y/N makes an appearance in the next chapter. This may be the last chapter I post this week. Next week is Thanksgiving and I won't be writing anytime on that week. I really hope yo guys enjoyed this chapter and that you guys enjoyed it!

Until next chapter, Fly high my butterflies!