Chapter 6: A Trip Down Memory Lane

A/N: This is the most I've written for anything, Woohoo! I don't own "My Immortal", Evanescence does.

-JxK-

Tuesday October 12, 2016

East Side Gotham, New York

1:30 AM

A black SUV speeds out of a dark alley way that lead towards a warehouse, its precious stolen cargo secured tightly in the trunk. It leaves behind a dozen of dead bodies, large pools of blood cover the street. Every wound narrowing from gun shot wounds to stab wounds and decapitated body parts. The man in the driver's seat of the SUV smirks under the street lights as it goes from yellow to red. The GPS to the right of him indicates how close he is to his destination.

Metropolis, New York

Kara and Cassie's apartment

1:30 AM

Kara stares at Jason, her bright blue eyes convey shock and mild surprise. He eyes her bedroom in curiosity, noticing the somewhat tidy living space. He motions towards the wheeled chair near her desktop, "May I pull up a chair. Its gonna be a while...saying what I need to say." She contemplates his request for a moment before nodding her head.

He moves towards the chair and attempts to move it, but stops when he accidentally knocks over a medium sized cardboard box on the desk. The items that were in the box scatter across the floor as Kara hurriedly rushes to clean it up, her eyes widen as she remembers what's in it. Jason's on the floor before she is, he murmurs "I'm sorry" and "it was an accident."

Before she can respond, she notices the realization that hits his face as he looks closely towards the sign on the box, "All Things Jay".

Jason almost regrets coming over, each item on the floor represents a certain memory him and Kara had shared together, he felt he was on a trip down memory lane. Something catches his eye, he reaches in front of him and grasps a diamond studded golden locket. His gruff fingers graze over the engraved design, a 'S' symbol within the intricately engraved bat symbol.

He opens the locket gently, a photograph of him and Kara occupies the bottom half. Bright smiles occupy the couples faces, Jason's arms are wrapped around Kara's waist from behind, his face was snuggled inside her neck. He smiles fondly at the memory. On the night the photo was taken, Jason had convinced Kara to go see the movie Avatar with him at the manor, since Bruce had recently updated the home theatre which allowed them to see the movie before its initial release.

The reason for her hesitation in seeing it was the explicit depiction of the aliens in the movie, which in her opinion was appalling due to the fact that she was an alien herself. But after seeing it, she was surprised that it wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be. She even saw herself as being a better Na'vi than the ones in the movie, which amused Jason immensely.

Kara smiles sadly as tears well up in her eyes,"You always said our symbols looked great together. I still remember the day you gave it to me."

Flashback: The Year 2008

Today was Jason's one year anniversary with Kara, and he had the perfect gift for the kryotonian. This years celebration of the New Year partook at Wayne Manor. Bruce Wayne had sent out invitations to everyone he knew, only half of the League and their protégé's were able to make it. Kara had messaged him to let him know that Clark had gotten the invitation, and that it was the perfect way to celebrate their anniversary.

She was too good for him, if his life was a chick-flick she'd be the good girl with good grades and high morals and he'd be the isolated, risk taking bad boy. She wasn't the type of girl that wanted gifts or something special. She was happy with what was offered to her, especially when it came to Jason. He'd still pamper her with gifts if he had the money, and she'd gladly except it for the sake of his pride.