of scars and eyebrows

So my first ever SuperCorp fanfic - please excuse the choppiness and any grammar mistakes, as I'm not the best writer.

If you want to check out some of my other works, my main account is @british_earmuffs

Feel free to ask me anything or send prompts on here or at my tumblr: www.tumblr.com/blog/potstickersftw

_________

Lena Luthor sighed as she stood in the middle of her gala, resisting the nervous urge to tug on the hem of her dress. It was unprofessional, and she needed to use every drop of confidence and suavity she could muster to implore her peers to make donations to National City's broken hospital.

Lena had forced this self-assured, stony façade since she grew old enough to understand what the hard-headed Lionel Luthor with a drink in his hand foreshadowed, and it had proven quite useful. The businesswoman had realized upon arriving at the gala that maybe cold and distant wasn't the best option for wooing people into donating to her cause, but it was too late now.

"Miss Luthor, it's very nice to see you." A smooth voice cut through Lena's nerves, and she turned to greet her latest guest.

A scowl threatened to break through the woman's carefully constructed smile when she glimpsed the overly high cheekbones and flaxen hair of one of the only people that could get a rise out of her.

"Veronica Sinclair, to what do I owe this displeasure?" There was ice in her words and steel in her gaze as Lena kept a smile plastered to her lips.

Roulette smirked as she stepped just slightly into the Luthor's personal space bubble – not enough to draw attention, but enough to bring discomfort. Sinclair's dress was her trademark shade of red, and showed off the tattoos that symbolized what creature she should've been born as.

"What, I can't donate to help fund the reconstruction of a hospital that was so devastatingly destroyed by National City's favorite 'hero' without having my motives questioned?" The snake snagged a champagne flute from a passing waiter, eyeing Lena as a cat would eye its next meal.

Lena raised her chin just enough to be looking down her nose at her adversary. "No, you may not. While I appreciate the generosity, I refuse to accept money created by exploiting others, no matter how...otherworldly they are."

Veronica looked Lena up and down, her smirk turning into a sneer. "My, my Miss Luthor. Something has changed about you... I like it." The woman sighed and looked off to the left, "I fear that I am not welcome in this company."

With that, the priestess of cheekbone's right shoulder dipped a little as she turned away and stalked towards the exit. Lena was left feeling like the snake woman left something unsaid, but she couldn't pinpoint exactly what.

Sinclair had stirred up vitriol in the businesswoman ever since they attended private school together, but Lena couldn't afford to think about that at the moment – after all, she had a gala to run.

Lena spent the next quarter of an hour socializing with her guests, discussing the fundraiser with people that didn't like her and people she didn't like. Luthor had spent far too much time absorbing peoples' hatred to her family name, and had become exhausted of it.

It was part of the reason she had been so attracted to Miss Kara Danvers.

The young reporter radiated warmth and light, and came close to Lena even though everyone else fled at the thought of Lex somehow influencing her. Kara was just so accepting, and awkward, and... and kind. Only one other person had ever been kind to Lena Luthor, and he had caused an earthquake.

As unprofessional as it was, Lena wanted to get to know Kara as... as more than just her personal interviewer. That's why she approached the reporter in person rather than through email, why she gave Kara access to her office at all hours of the day... why she basically asked the woman to attend the gala as her date. Lena mentally chided herself, unwilling to let herself get too attached to the literal ray of sunshine too quickly.

"Lena!"

Lena was distracted from her thoughts by the very being that occupied them, and a genuine smile spread across her face.

"Kara!" She turned to the rookie reporter, relaxing at the sight of her bespectacled face. "It's really great to see you, I'm glad you could come." Every one of those words were true, a rarity for Lena. She would've been happy to stand there admiring the woman all night, but something about her reminded the businesswoman of a hero that had yet to show up.

"Uhm... have you seen Supergirl?"

Kara looked uneasy for a moment, turning away to look at the sky. "I am... uh, sure she's on her way."

Lena searched the woman's expression in confusion, about to ask why she was discomforted when a man bumped into her, spilling his champagne all over her front. Kara disappeared as the short brunette fussed over her and she huffed in annoyance, standing up on her tiptoes to see where the reporter had gone.

The man backed away as something wooshed to her right, and she turned to see the angel of National City herself.

"Supergirl!" The hero had caught Lena in a moment that definitely wasn't her finest – she was flustered and absolutely stinking of alcohol, something only the four walls of her office had ever seen. The normally regal woman gaped for a moment at the alien before recalling the fact that she had a working tongue, and regained her composure. "I'm glad you could make it."

"I still think this might be a bad idea." The young hero stepped closer, glancing around and clearly on guard.

"Why don't you wait and see how the evening pans out?"

The hero was now close enough that Lena could see the small scar above her left eyebrow, and she wondered how the indestructible alien could have possibly earned it.

Supergirl looked at Lena kindly, spouting something about checking the perimeter before backing away and taking to the sky, but all the businesswoman was focused on was how familiar that little indent on her face was.

Lena watched the hero vanish behind a building contemplating that scar, and heard the sound of rushed footsteps behind her.

"Kara!" She glanced quickly at the girl before pointing to the sky, her gaze following her finger to look up at the stars. "You just missed Supergirl."

"Did I?" The reporter's voice was breathless, "Golly."

Golly?

Lena turned just in time to witness Kara's face scrunched up in horror at her word choice before looking up and plastering on her most blinding smile.

Lena elected to not ask the reporter about it, as she already appeared to be mortified, and chose instead to chance a look up at sapphire eyes with a small grin.

The businesswoman was about to turn away when something caught her gaze.

There was a small scar just above Kara's left eyebrow.

Dammit, Lena.

Feed a lonely alien and drop a comment, I hear they like potstickers.