of glasses and revealing

This is lowkey crap but it's all my fault I apologize in advance
__________

"How long have you been wearing glasses?" Lena looked at Kara from across the couch in her office, the reporter lounging in the pastels that made her appear younger than her eyes would suggest.  Eyes that crinkled in worry and a hint of fear at her question.

"Uh.. um,,, for a while?" Kara worried at the frames, shifting up in her seat a little bit. "I got them when I was thirteen. Why?"

Lena chuckled, leaned forward in her position and restedher head on her hand, elbow on the back of the couch. "I'm just curious darling, nothing more."

"A-alright." Kara looked down for a beat, resting her hands in her lap before meeting Lena's eyes again. A moment of silence passed between them as quiet enveloped the empty office.

"How bad even is your eyesight?" Lena asked to break it, reaching across to take hold of Kara's glasses and holding them up to her own face. "I mean, what's it like being-" the optics were clear; there was no distortion from corrective lenses "-blind."

A quick, almost angry glance to Kara showed nothing but fear in the young reporter eyes as she gripped a couch cushion, a tearing sound splitting the air as it tore under her grip.

Lena tossed the glasses onto the couch between them as betrayal washed over her. "Who are you?" She stood up, quickly rounding her desk and placing her finger on the panic button, ready to push it if Kara stepped any closer.  Here was her best friend, the woman she trusted with everything -- even her heart -- caught in a boldfaced lie.  Lena couldn't do lies, and if Kara was wearing these glasses as a disguise?  She must be some sort of spy.

"Why?  Were you after a story, is that it? 'Lena Luthor, Charity Case Failing to Save Her Company'?  Or did Lex send you?  Learn all you can about me just to stab me in the back."

"Lena, I,"  Kara put her hands up in an attempt to placate her. "I'm still Kara."

"Are you?"

Kara's heart broke for a beat. If she told Lena who she really was, she'd be put in an immense amount of danger, it would put a target on Lena's back for even associating with Supergirl -- not to mention all those NDA's Pam from HR would make her sign. And Alex would be so pissed... but this was Lena.  Kara's best friend, the woman she was...the woman she was in love with.

"Yes."  Kara lowered her hands to her shirt, eyeing Lena's hand over her panic button. "I'm still Kara, but my last name isn't Danvers."

Lena's eyes flashed with confusion and hurt, and Kara heaved a sigh before tearing her shirt open in one swift movement.

"Wha-" Lena stumbled back a step, her eyes glued to the giant 'S' on Kara's chest. "What?"

Kara broke her gaze to look down to the floor. "I didn't want you to find out like this-"

"You didn't want me to find out at all." Lena's voice was low, her words clipped as her accent slipped through.  So she was the one that couldn't have been trusted.  "I'm just another Luthor to you."  

Kara whipped her head up and shook it fiercely in denial.  "No! I've wanted to tell you for so, so long Lena. It's just not safe." Kara took a step forward with her hands raised, wanting to reach out but sure it wouldn't be welcomed. Lena's heartbeat ticked a might faster as she took a micro-step away with pain and just a hint of fear in her eyes, and Kara's heart sank straight through the floor of L-Corp and into the very center of the Earth itself.

"Not safe for me, or not safe for you?" the question came out as less of a question than an accusation as Lena stared daggers into Kara, taking a full step away to turn to the window. "Leave. Leave, and never come back."

Kara leaned forward in her frozen stance and begged as tears began to fill her eyes. "Lena-"

"Go!" Lena's voice cracked as she yelled, about ready to give into a sob that she didn't want her former friend to witness.

Kara trudged past in silent steps, turning to Lena again when she reached the balcony doors. "I'm not going to leave you." A whispered tone, before she left with a loud crack resounding throughout the office building.

"I need a drink."

__________
Hello!  I'm sorry I never updated with one last fic like I promised, Irma fucked my family over for a long time and I went through a bit of a rough patch for quite a while after that, and for that I deeply apologize.  I know I've kind of left y'all with an angsty-ish story, but honestly I feel like it's a fix-it fic that needs 5,000+ words and I just don't have the energy to do that at this point in time.  Maybe someday.

Thank you so much for sticking with me and my stories for so long, you have no idea how much it means to me.

For the last time, feed a lonely alien and drop a comment, I hear they like potstickers.