of fairy lights and soft kisses

Oh god fluff!!

This little drabble was inspired by "This is Why I Need You" by Jesse Ruben, you're welcome.
__________

"I love you."

Kara rolled over on the soft mattress locking her gaze with eyes greener than grass.  Lena looked so soft in the fairy lights' glow, softer than anything Kara had seen since landing on this planet.  It was a vast contrast from her sharp angles and crisp blouses at L-Corp, a difference that was greatly appreciated.

"I love you, too," Kara said with a small grin as she gazed at Lena.

A warm smile lit up Lena's face as she sat up, resting her weight on an arm while she leaned over Kara.  Kara raised up to meet Lena's lips in a gentle kiss, cupping her jaw with a hand.

"Move in with me?"  Kara asked in a small voice after they parted.

Lena blinked, a bit of surprise evident on her face before a wide smile stretched across her face.

(Lena had been adopted by the Luthor family when she was four, and they weren't particularly loving.  She had grown up in a house of harsh words and cold stares, never feeling emotionally fulfilled.  

She used to think that love was a myth made up by artists and authors and movie producers to make kids excited about growing up -- she never imagined actually knowing what it felt like.)

It only took a moment of contemplation before Lena had her answer.

"Yes."

Kara laughed, pulling Lena closer and capturing her lips in another kiss.  "I love you."

Feed a lonely alien and drop a comment, I hear they like potstickers.