5. "What's your favourite quote?"

Don't forget, you're paying! ;)

Camila so graciously texted to remind me of our lunch plans and that I had lost our bet the previous time we went out. A couple of weeks ago, when we went out for coffee, Camila had bet that the waitress was hitting on me. Me, being my stubborn self, decided she definitely wasn't. I now owe Camila lunch.

"If I knew we would both be early, I wouldn't have texted you. But I'm glad to know you had no intention of replying." She teased, pointing down at my phone that was sticking out of my sweater pocket.

"I was going to answer once I got us a table, I wanted to make you sweat." I countered and she responded by rolling her eyes, a slight smirk visible at the end.

Camila followed me into the small café. Cafés had slowly kinda become our thing. Or at least I hope it has. It seems to have become our go-to. With Camila's busy schedule and my classes, cafés were an easy, convenient option; even if we had to wait until Camila had the period after lunch off to give us adequate time.

"Did you call her?" Camila asked as we scouted out a table.

"Who?" I asked, puzzled, making my way to a small table in the corner by a large window.

"The waitress from the bet you lost."

"Ha, ha, ha," I exaggerated. "No I didn't." In fact, I threw her number in the trash on the way out.

"Wasn't your type?" Camila asked, sliding into her seat. I took my place across from her.

"I wouldn't know, I didn't pay enough attention." I shrugged.

"You're with someone." Camila stated more than asked.

"No," I responded maybe a little too quickly. "I just wasn't paying attention to her."

Camila nodded in understanding, her confused face contradicted the action, though.

"I used to go café hoping in New Orleans." I revealed to her.

"I could see you doing that. Did you go with a specific person or was it spontaneous?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I used to go with my girlfriend at the time, if you could even call her that."

"Were you guys together for a long time or?" Camila asked. I could tell she was trying to figure out if she was overstepping in any way.

"We were never really together, it's a long story but we saw each other for about two years."

"Wow." Camila answered and all I could do was nod in agreement.

"I much prefer you, though. She lacked the sarcastic, witty comments that you're able to dish out so easily." I offered, trying to lighten the conversation.

"I can't help it; I'm hilarious." Camila responded, picking up her menu and sitting back in her seat. I subtly watched for a few moments before picking up my own menu. Everything she did was done so swiftly and with a degree of elegance, for a lack of better words. It was enthralling to see.

After a couple of minutes and both of us deciding on our meals, I was the first one to rekindle the conversation.

"What's your favourite quote?"

"If anyone else was asking, it would be a really random question but considering it's your, there's probably some philosophical, psychological reason for it."