15. "We tried to hotbox the room, sorry."

Last night stayed very PG13, mostly because we had to stop to check the girls' rooms. The whole 'our little secret' line Camila pulled kept replaying in my head and I didn't know how to feel about it. But I figured overthinking had proved to be toxic in the past and maybe, just maybe, I could somehow become that carefree, careless person I've always wanted to be.

Likely story, Lauren.

Dinah came back soon after, pretty much exhausted which meant we couldn't hear about the date. She did, however, promise to full us tomorrow. Tomorrow was now today and we haven't had one waking minute that wasn't incredibly fast paced.

All three of us managed to miss the alarm the first time around, resulting in one of the girls waking us up because she realized that we hadn't come around to make sure everyone was up. This meant all three of us were in the bathroom at once and any sense or worry of privacy was immediately mutually discarded but I also wasn't going to pretend that I didn't almost freeze in place when I turned around and noticed Camila's bare back as she hooked her bra on.

Us rushing meant the team also had to go have breakfast without us. Dinah, Camila, and I just prayed they were well behaved. So while they all went back to their rooms and began to board the bus, the three of us ran down to grab whatever food we could take to go.

"Here, Lo," Camila said from behind me as I put the top on all our coffees. I turned my head and she placed the donut between my teeth. When I bit down, she pulled it away, both of us giggling, me deciding against how domestic the entire scene was.

Arriving on the bus, we all were a mess, completely disorganized, and the girls definitely noticed. Upon doing attendance, I passed by Sarah's group who all seemed to be in the middle of an amusing conversation. I caught Sarah's eye and she gave me a subtle, yet reassuring thumbs up. I was beyond relived, I knew it would go well.

Camila's reaction was the same as mine, not surprised but definitely relived. We didn't even have a second before arriving at the fields to explain to Dinah what had happened. Once again, we were on our feet, rushing.

Seeing as our game was in a mere ten minutes, we told the girls to drop their stuff and let us take care of it while they warmed up. By the time we were (kinda) organized, our coffee was cold and so were we. So the three of us stood practically shoulder to shoulder, I was between Dinah and Camila.

We watched the game unfold in front of us with no oppertunity to really say anything. The round-robin tournament meant less innings and no actual time to really speak to the team. Instead, I took down notes while Camila and Dinah cheered and made jokes about the other team to me. They were definitely distracting but their comic relief was much needed and appreciated.

Winning the first game was encouraging and almost immediately, the girls all disappeared until the next game, leaving the three of us once more.

"How you holding up, Lauren?" Dinah asked as I zipped up my track jacket.

"I could use another coffee but other than that, pretty good. What about you?" As I finished my sentence, I felt my phone buzzing and pulled it out of my pocket.

"Softball was never my thing but they're doing well so I'm not bothered." I heard Dinah but wasn't really paying attention. Instead, I looked down at my phone slightly amusing, a little confused, and all sorts of panicked.

"DJ, I promise I actually care how you are but Camila, check this." I handed Camila the phone and watched her reluctantly look down before reading the text out loud.

"Hey Lolo-"

"Hold up, Lolo?" Dinah cut in, laughing. I responded by shoving her playfully.

"Hey Lolo," Camila began again. "I can't only see you once while you're here. How about you drop by the dorms and see the girls and then we double date tonight, bring your girl? Oh, and I won't take no for an answer."