Chapter 3

As I promised here's chapter 3!!! Hope you like it! This is the chapter where things really start going crazy!

**********************************************************************************

I dropped the remote on the ground, I scrambled over to the closet where I found a duffle bag. I filled it with clothes while I slipped my shoes on. I couldn’t stay here, he was going to find me, and I wasn’t going back. No matter what I wasn’t going back. I threw the green shirt and jeans on over my bathing suit, I had to leave as soon as possible.

The door suddenly opened, Luke was standing there apparently out of breath, he must have run up the stairs.

“What’s wrong I heard you scream?”

I was crying hysterically, “He’s alive, he escaped from the hospital this morning, and I have to get out of here before he finds me.”

Brooke was the next one to enter. “What’s wrong are you alright?” she said concerned.

I just pointed to the TV, they had stopped talking about him, but there was a banner at the bottom of the screen that was still feeding information. Luke pulled me over to him he spoke “He’s not going to find you, don’t worry you will be fine.”

“Only the people that are here, know where you are, the police don’t even know, and Luke is right, he won’t find you here.” Brooke said.

 “You can’t possibly know that, before I escaped he said that where ever I went he would always find me, he’s done it before, don’t you understand that’s what happened last time.” I argued, it was true, He had found me before, and he could do it again.

 “But that’s before you were here. I’m like a mother bear, and the people here are like my cubs, I wouldn’t ever let anyone hurt you.” She continued

I think that she thought her words were supposed to make me feel comforted but she didn’t know what he was like, I thought that this nightmare was over but I guess it wasn’t, I should have known better, the second that something good happens the bad just comes right back to haunt me.

 “I’ll be right back.”

She walked out of the room and came back in and had another bottle with the green liquid in it, “Here drink up.”

 “What is this stuff?” I asked as I held the large oddly shaped bottle in my hands.

 “It’s my own mix of herbs and teas; it has chamomile, green tea, lavender, honey, and a bunch of other stuff,”

I took a drink of it. I could feel myself starting to calm down again. But this time I managed to lie down before I fell asleep.

***Luke’s POV

I felt bad for Evangeline, after all this that man was still alive. She was so scared of him. What did he do to her? I walked over to the bed and pulled the covers over her to make sure that she would stay warm.

“I think I’ll stay, just to make sure she’s alright.” Truth was I didn’t really want to be with out her. I wanted to make sure that when she woke up that I would be here to let her know that everything would be alright.

“You like her don’t you?” Brooke asked.

“There is something special about her.”

“I know,”  Brooke said before she left closing the door behind her.

I sat in the big sofa chair that was in the corner near the window. I saw Evangeline’s clipboard on the floor. I picked it up and saw the picture that she drew of me helping her out of the pool. She did a great job of drawing my abs. Douche moment. Retract that. It was still a really nice picture, but truthfully all I could focus on was her smile. I could tell that she was still in pain, and that sometimes her smile wasn’t really how she was feeling but she wanted to be happy so that’s what she did, even if it wasn’t the truth she was happy anyways.