Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Anonymous

Hey everyone! Here's Chapter 6, we left off last when the man got out of the bed and Evan was waking up... Don Don Donnn lol. Enjoy reading!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Evan’s POV

I felt a hand pull away; the slight jerking motion was enough for me to remember that something had happened. What that was I couldn’t quite figure it out just yet, everything seemed to be a little fuzzy, and my head ached slightly. I figured that when I opened my eyes, glass walls would be surrounding me, along with bright incandescent lights that stung my eyes. I closed my eyes tight and then rubbed them with my fingers hoping that this would help. But the bed didn’t feel right; it was too soft, too comfortable, and too big. I’d only had a small twin bed, but now I could stretch out completely… Something wasn’t right at all.

 I sat straight up. I turned to see him standing next to the bed watching me. An over whelming feeling of fear hit me. I scrambled away which lead me to fall off the bed and onto the floor. I was able to gather myself quickly, I stood and reached out grabbing the lamp on his side table then threw it at him. He easily caught it and set it down on his bed making sure not to break it, as he stepped closer. I backed away as far into the corner as I could. I slid to the ground. He was standing near the door way, there was no way for me to escape. Even though I was next to the window, I couldn’t bring myself to jump out of it. We were on the fifth floor after all.

“Please don’t hurt me.” I begged as tears fell down my face, I didn’t understand why all of this was happening to me. It was like the world really did have it in for me, one thing after another after another. He stepped back realizing that approaching me was only making things worse.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” He said putting his hands up.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“My apartment.” He said.

“What do you want with me? Who are you?”

“I just want to help you, my name’s Stephan Valmont.”

“Why was I in your bed, with you? Did you-?” I was terrified of what he had done to me. I didn’t feel any different, but that meant nothing. I was so scared I was shaking.

“You fell asleep, then you were having nightmares, and no.”

I stared up at his face, his bright green eyes stared down at me, his face calm yet full of complexity. His face hadn’t been shaven in a few days. He was wearing a form fitting white t-shirt and dark jeans with a brown belt.

“Why are you keeping me here?” the tears were coming full force, I nor anyone else could stop them.

“I’m not forcing you to stay. You can leave whenever you like.” He backed even further away signaling the door way to me. His eyes watched me for a moment waiting for me to move. I slowly stood and made my way around the untidy bed. Keeping my eyes on him the whole way. I wanted to stay as far away from him as possible, but to get out the door that wasn’t going to happen. I was scared that he was screwing with me; that one second he was going to reach out and grab me. I made sure to keep my eyes on him as I left the bedroom. Some how my eyes finally managed to stop crying, I could see everything clearly now instead of trying to look through a waterfall. I made my way down the white hallway. Thankfully there was only one direction to go so I was sure it had to be the right way. Once the front door was in my sight my feet moved faster. I wanted to do nothing more than to get away. Just as my hand turned the door knob, I was interrupted by his words.

“If you leave, she’ll find you. I can keep you safe.”

I turned back to look at him. It would have been so easy to walk out the door right then. Especially since I knew what he was. He was a vampire. No matter how much I wanted to believe that he really did want to help me, I knew that it was ever more likely that he wanted to sink his teeth deep into my neck, and drink all of my blood. But yet my hand didn’t push the heavy wood door open.