The cat (Sebastian Michaelis x reader)

It was September already and the winter grew near. The only house you had was a cartboard box on a narrow alley. The shoes you were wearing had holes in them and the thin shirt with knee ripped pants were starting to be useless in the new season. Your only friend, a black cat which you saved from the wrath of dogs.
Today was a rainy day, you and (cat name) took shelter under a small shop roof. It was rather silent cause the rain scared away the people in the streets, although you you could see here and there a person or two running to shelter themselves from rain.
For you, they were mere shadows blending in with the gray, desolate scenery, but on the other side if the road your cat saw something interesting and ran to take a closer look.
- Hey come back! You will get wet! You yelled after the stubborn cat that seemed not to pay attention to your words.
You ran after her but it simply vanished in the pouring rain. You started looking for her but she was nowhere to be found. For a second you wanted to give up in hope that she will return but (cat name) meant the world to you so...you continued looking for her.
On your frenzy of looking for the cat you didn't pay too much attention on what was in front of you so you bumped into someone.
- My apologies. You bowed down in respect and when you raised your head to see who you bumped into, there he was...a tall, pale, handsome man dressed elegantly in black with his auburn eyes and dark hair smiling softly at you.
- No harm has been done. He replyed on a gentle tone.
You instantly blushed feeling ashamed cause of the way you looked. There he was the pinnacle of elegance and there you were the filthy, dirty beggar from the streets. For a second you lost yourself in his charming aura a well known voice brought you back to reality. It was (cat name) now sitting comfortable in his arms purring despite the pouring rain.
- There you are! You reached for the cat. Don't scare me like that again.
- Is this your cat? He asked handing the black wet fur ball to you.
- Yes. My deepest apologies it got you dirty.
Seeing the small paws strains on his perfect coat you reached to clean it but he took your hand into his.
- There is nothing to worry about, I enjoyed the time spent with the little one.
You blushed again and your heart was racing when you felt his cold gloved hand on your somehwat warm skin.
- What is a fine lady like you doing here on the cold streets wearing nothing but those thin ragged clothes? He asked easily surprised.
You would have buried yourself if you could right in that moment cause of the shame you were put trough.
- I...I have nowhere to live. I escaped from this laboratory where i was experimented on and i grew tired of the pain inflicted on me.
His auburn eyes grew bigger when he heard that you were experimented on.
- I am terribly sorry to hear that. His soft voice echoed trough the rain.
- The only things that I am good at are fast learning and accurate recalling of what I read, heard, saw or learned.
- Hmmm...he paused for a second thinking then he continued: maybe you would like to work at my master's manor. We...
But you didn't let him finish as your eyes were filled with tears.
- Everything is better than the streets. You said drowning in tears.
- My name is Sebastian Michaelis, the handsome man bowed down with elegance.
- I...I am (name), you answered on a shy note. And the cat's name is (name).
He took your hand and kissed it. A small shiver ran down your spine when his soft cold lips touched the warm back of your hand.
From that day on you would be employed at the Phantomhive mansion being the keeper of records for Ciel's companies.
Time was passing by as you were working hard to maintain the Phantomhive reputation. Meanwhile you found out that Sebastian was but a butler in the house but that never stopped your heart pounding each and every time he would bring you tea or serve you dinner. The relation between you two was weird but fun. The two of you got closer with the passing of time.
One night you were working late in your room and Sebastian knocked at your door.
- Come in. You answered with inflexion in your voice, being focused as always on the paperwork not paying attention to your surroundings.
At first you thought it was Ciel.
- I am so sorry for the one day delay. you will have the document on your desk by morning.
As you wanted to get up and bow in apologies you saw Sebastian standing there with his gentle smile and a cup of tea in his hand.
- Working late as always Miss (name). His war voice caressing your ears gave you a small shiver.
- Oh no need to be that formal, you said blushing. I am just trying to finish this but I can't seem to find the problem.
He put the cup on the table and leaned in to take a closer look bringing your cheeks very close one to each other, his sweet scent invading your nose making your a bit dizzy.
- It seems that the error is here. He pointed on an older record.
You looked closely and you realised he was right.
- Thank you Mister Michaelis. You replyed ad you got up to stretch and open the window...your cheeks were burning and your heart was racing as you have never been so close to him before.
- Beautiful night isn't it? He was now next to you looking outside the window.
- Y...Yes. The words were barely coming out of your mouth.
The next second you were in his arms with his hands wrapped around you.
- Don't stay up too late Miss (name). It is not healthy to lose too much sleep.
You could hear your heart beating like crazy and if it weren't for the chest to stop it, it would have probably broken out by now, there were butterflies in your stomach and the only movement you could do was a shy nod of your head as his action left you speachless and numb.
The next day with Ciel's approval you were to deliver those documents and some new orders to one of his companies. Explaining the new course of action took more than you thought and you were late for dinner more than an hour.
Night fell across London and you were in a rush to head home. "It took me more than I thought. I am even late for dinner. Master Ciel will be so mad" . But little did you know that from the shadows someone was watching you.
On your attempt to win more time you took a shortcut on a dark alley. That was the perfect occasion for the stalker to strike. Hungry for reaping Grell assaulted you.
- OH what a beautiful exemplar! He said with a smirk on his face.
- Who...who are you? Your voice was trembling in surprise.
- I am Grell, a grim reaper. He said proudly taking out his chainsaw-scythe.
Your eyes grew bigger and fear got hold of you. In a desperate attempt you tried to run but it was useless as he would catch up to you really fast.
- Here kitty, kitty, kitty! You can't run from me. Grell yelled on a playful voice.
You kept running where the streets led you but unfortunately you reached a dead end.
- There you are little kitten, I got you. He said with an evil smirk. Poor little kitty, nowhere to run. He was acting sad while approaching you with his chainsaw- scythe and with satisfaction is his eyes.
You crouched trembling in fear, closing your eyes. But when he closed the gap between you two to give the final blow something snatched you and got you out of the alley and on a roof.
- Grell, pick on someone else, this kitten is mine. Emphasizing the word "mine" with a slick smile on his lips.
You recognized the deep, gentle voice, the warm embrace and the sweet scent. When you opened your eyes it was him. It was Sebastian. Somehow he found you and he saved you and now you were safe in his arms.
- Sebby darling, I missed you so much. We don't get to play anymore. He said on a theatrical sad voice while rapidly closing in.
- Close your eyes again. he said pulling you closer in a tighter grip.
You obediently did what he asked you to and with an elegant yet powerful blow he sent Grell flying.
- It is safe now to open your eyes. He whispered to your ear.
When you opened your eyes for the second time, his forehead was touching yours, his cold skin sent a shiver down your spine, his tight embrace made your heart race even faster than before.
- Never scare me like that (name). His voice had a trace of worry.
- Sebastian...you were baffled as you did not expect this from him, but before you could continue his lips smashed into yours in a sweet passionate kiss.
You wrapped your arms around his neck closing your eyes, letting yourself carried away by the moment.
A few moments later he gently let you down from his embrace, letting you standing back on you feet. While looking in your eyes and he noticed your confusion so he decided to tell you everything.
- So I fell in love with the demon. You said with irony and love in your voice. While smiling ironically.
- And the demon fell in love with you. Sebastian smiled gently to you.
The fact that he was a demon did not bother you at all as long as you knew he would be by your side every time you needed.
- Let's go home. He stretched out his hand.
You nodded in approval and took his hand heading home together.