When I met her

Carters POV

I woke up the next morning with weight on the side on my neck and rib cage. Mason hung over my body like a blanket and our feet intertwined, it usually felt nice like this. That was until last night, thinking of all the things he was going to do to me made me want to vomit. I felt it rise in my throat. " Mason get off." I wiggled a little and he grunted in respond. " seriously I think I'm gonna-" but then I suddenly released my stomach on the floor by the bed, I hadn't even eaten that much but it just kept coming and coming. Soon there was a large warm hand rubbing my back up and down making my body shake. His other hand rose to my forehead and pushed back all the hair on or around my forehead. " you are burning up and it's not even the cold season yet!" He said with almost a sound of worry as I finally stopped. My eyes tearing up from the constant gagging feeling that just occurred. " I'm sorry." I stated. The warmth left my body as he got up. " stay here I'll get the maid and some medicine." He said walking out of the door. I clenched my belly and squeezed my eyes tight. Why do I feel like everything is back to normal. I should want to leave, want to hate him but I don't. He's a fucking mafia boss for Christ sakes! Shaking my head back and forth which only made me more dizzy, I thought of what I should do and how to handle the situation.

The maid came in first, it was the little old lady from the first time I was here and I was so embarrassed that she had to clean up after me. " you don't have to clean that, I will." I said moving to get our of bed but she held her hand up and shook a finger. ' I have cleaned worse.' She signed and I didn't want to know what she was talking about. Soon after she left Mason reappeared with a tray with soup, a glass of water and some mess. " who knew making soup would take this long." I giggle but it came out cracked and dry. He mumbled something I couldn't hear. " what?" I questioned turning up the souls dial on my hearing aids. " I said it was my first time cooking." I blushed and put my hands over my face. " y-you didn't have to do that?!" I breathed out shakily. " of course I did, I treat my things good." That froze me, things? Really? I'm a thing? " anyways I have some business to take care of, eat the soup, take your meds and go to bed." He said then kissed my forehead and I totally leaned into it. Why do I always set myself up for these things. I feel loved but know I'm not. Well in the way I want that is. When I was done with the soup and took the Tylenol I rest my head on the pillow and took in a big waft of air. It smelt like him. I curled up in a ball and squeezed my eyes. Why him? Why can't I just have fallen in love with a normal girl, why?

I woke up a couple hours later and felt somewhat better, I think I was just exhausted. I tugged the wooly duvet off the top of the bed and wrapped it around my cold body as I pattered my way out of the bedroom and down to Mason's office. I knocked on the door and waited till I heard him say "come in " I opened the doors and there he was, sitting at his desk with a pair of reading glasses sitting on the bottom of his nose as he peered over them which made him look even more sexy. " finally awake princess." He chuckled and I walked over to him, pulled out his chair and climbed into his lap. My feet dangled on the other side of the chair. " good morning." I yawned out." Did you take your medicine?" He asked and got back to work. " yea I did, I think I was just fatigued and exhausted." I said playing with his tie. Why is it that he always looked so good on a suit and tie but I always look like a little boy trying on his dad's clothes but I wouldn't exactly know that feeling . Just as I was starting to lull back to sleep someone burst through the door. " HONEY IM HOME!" A woman's voice rang through the office. A growl came from Mason and I could feel it vibrate through me as I sat up.

She was beautiful, long platinum hair and large blue eyes. She was wearing a short red dress with a long furring coat. Her red lips turned into a smile. " so this is him?" She said in a thick Russian accent. The body underneath me tensed up. " get out." He growled at her ad clenched the arms of the chair. " he is very beautiful, reminds me of someone? Oh wait that's me." She smirked and sauntered over to the desk leaning over it. She lifted my chin and stared me up and down. " not bad. I mean he isn't me but we can't all have greatness." She laughed. " why are you here?" She let go of me and looked at Mason. " you know why. I'll give you one more chance, become my husband or I'll call an all out war through the Mafia." This time it wasn't a laugh but more of a cackle. Mason sat there silently like he was actually considering it! For some reason was pissing me off. ' come on say no Mason!' I thought to myself and squeezed my eyes shut and as if right on que he spoke. " sorry doll I'll have to decline your offer, I don't do crazy." He chuckled and she smirked. " that's not what I thought when you were begging for me to fuck you." She purred jumping off the desk. " I guess I can't have you for now but soon. You will be mine." She turned around and walked out the doors. " Ta Ta boys!" She waved.