I've got it

Patrick hits the ground hard with his leg, allowing himself to be engulfed in electricity. The sparks then fly back into the air only to reveal a shirtless body with jeans that have turned yellow with black lining on the outside; Not to mention thick yellow gloves tightened by brown belts with metal spikes for knuckles. After questioning his fashion choice, I look up to his face, the same, but his golden hair has grown longer, like a Sandslash's quills, sharpened at the points, like knives with black tips. Suddenly fear is mixed into my entire bloodstream. The newly clothed boy walks into the larger rectangle, "If you accept my challenge, step inside."

I don't know why but I suddenly feel confident, I was never good at battling as an Eevee, perhaps this world is like my last. Adrenaline pushes me forward as I ready myself into a battle position; "Hit me with your best shot."

In an instant, Patrick charges towards me like a bolt of lightning, his body a blur as he leaps into the air. As he descends, I notice that he's holding a glowing spear, crackling with raw energy. In a split second, I react, raising my arms. The earth beneath me responds, shaping itself into a sturdy shield made of soil. Despite the force of Patrick's impact knocking me to my knees, the soil shield holds strong, protecting me from harm. Patrick jumps back, still holding onto his lightning spear.

"You're a ground Mage," he exclaims with crazed excitement as he races towards me. He charges at me repeatedly, his electrified body starting striking again and again, seeking a weak point. Finally, I notice it, a flicker. This is my chance. I rush towards him, imagining a sword in my hand, and load my hands behind my head. I slash forward, stopping as the sword made of earth threatens Patrick's chest. In shock, I study the uneven bumps and clumps of dirt that edge to a deadly point.

"What the Hell!" I yell as Patrick takes advantage of my distracted state, pinning me to the ground, my arms chicken-winged to my back as his Bolt sparks at my neck.

"I didn't surrender, so the fight wasn't over; hence I seized the opportunity to get an advantage." Patrick proclaims as he lets me go. My weapon and shield disappear as I reassess my vital signs.

As I get up, I dust myself off and question, "You said I was a Ground mage, what does that..."

"I've got it!" Patrick exclaims, immediately cutting me off as his childish eyes exhibit a cunning plan, "Okay, so. For ages it's been my dream to join a guild, mainly Avail, the local guild, so I can travel the world helping people and fighting crime. But never had a partner to form a team."

My heart drops as I realise where he's going with his rant. "No."

The boy's eyes widen with shock, "You don't even know what I'm going to ask."

"I'm not stupid... and besides, I have to find a way to get back home; to who I really am... I can't go and fight crime and help people when I don't even know where or what I am."

Patrick's electric eyes soften to a wave, widening as he protrudes out his bottom lip that droops downward. The sun's rays perfectly shine off his glazed eyes, which stare up at me from a praying figure. Arceus damn it, Lillipup eyes. I put my hands over my eyes and nose and breathe heavily; I'll regret this, "Alright."

"Yes!" The boy exclaims, fist-bumping high into the air, "I mean, thank you." Sweat drops as he puts his hand on the back of his neck and he tries to compose himself, "You won't regret this. C'mon, I'll show you where we sign up."

---

"This is it, the local guild, Avail." Finally, we reach a tent, striped black and orange. It doesn't look like much but as we walk to the entrance, a voice alarms.