Final

A shadow forms over my head and roars behind me. Slamming every muscle into the ground, Patrick allows his electricity to spark throughout the wave as it surges overhead. Aricin and Dug stand their ground as the water dives, engulfing the two in an electric outpouring of liquid. The protection barrier absorbs its wrath only to reveal that no one is there.

Surely not...

The ground rumbles, and before I know it, I'm in the air, being held against my will by the flames of hell. Within the prison of fire, Aricin ignites dagger-like swords into his hands. The excruciating heat distracts my thoughts, making me defenceless against his every blaze that pierces then extinguishes against my scaled skin. Suddenly his prison relieves, Letting me plummet to the ground below.

"Is that all you got!" The ring in my ear screams as I struggle to find my feet. As I do, I look up to see that Aricin eyes are sure about the defeat of Patrick, who now crosses his defending blade of lighting against his flared daggers. Crossing my arms, they drown in an attempt to form daggers. "You'll need more than a type advantage to defeat us."

I run towards Aricin when suddenly Dug appears in front of me. Contracting and expanding with each swing, my streamed daggers collide with his earthbound sword. Breaking the speed of any mortal, I decide to run blurs around Dug's body, quickly jabbing and striking for a fatal blow. One... two... three times he blocks successfully, but the fourth I hit, then again, and again, each more brutal than the last. The pixeled gore drips from each incision, his satisfied expression intensifies until a roar forces me from my feet to the sky above. Plummeting to the Ground, I twitch to my feet. In front of me, Dug is on his stomach, holding his injured ligaments. I can't help but feel bad for the elder. I look to my right, and Patrick lays in front of Aricin, his fist deep in Patrick's chest cavity.

Aricin steps back, taking copious amounts of oxygen into his circulatory system. He looks my way, dirt infecting his dripping scars. "Now it's time to finish you too."

I look down to Dug, the closest thing I had to a parental figure in decades. Then to Patrick, who was the only friend I ever really had, I will win this for them. For them, I will leave something that they will remember.

In sync, both Arcin and I run towards each other, swords slashing to try and bypass the element used as a barrier to any vital organ. Compared to Aricin I don't have nearly as much power to back my swings and cause damage. With each impact, Aricin influences me closer and closer to the edge of the arena. My back is forced against the barrier. His element steams against my torrent. Dangerously close to my neck his flaming sword continues to rage stronger and more fiercely. The building power misses and hits the barrier, countering, forcing Aricin to be flung backwards. I was waiting for this. With a single chop, I use my now earthbound fist and plummet him to the ground below.

The dirt surrounded calms to show Aricin unconscious. Carbon rushes from my lungs, and my legs give way. The burns from Aricins' flame make their power known as each slight movement causes further burns. 

"Trump Cards are the winners!" shouts the little girl with the white dress sprinkled with blue and red triangles. The crowd cheers as the little girl walks to Aricin. While putting her hand on his shoulder, a glowing light engulfs the entire arena causing a white abyss. As quick as the light inflated, it implodes to reveal no burns to my skin, no cuts to Dugs ligaments, no hole in Patrick's chest and Arcin conscious, standing proudly next to...

"Mew?"

"This is going to be fun!" the tiny figure says with a slight chuckle, "You now get to do master class assignments, you're gonna be known around the world, and the wall will forever be caved with your names."

I look to Patrick with a broken smile, "Well, I guess we finished. I can go home."

Patrick's eyes deny the inevitable, "What about the prologue? What about all our adventures that are yet to be completed?"

I walk and wrap my arms around Patrick's neck, hiding my face from his. Then, pulling back from my embrace I kiss him full on the lips. Patrick simultaneously throws his arms around my waist - holding me tight as he lifts me off my feet. Patrick then lowers me and we slowly break apart, our arms still around each other. I know this is the last time... our last time.

Patrick speaks softly while one of his hands cradle my cheek, "I'll find you again." He looks deep into my eyes, helping me hold back my sorrow, "Just... in another life... Perhaps then you can teach me about your world." Patrick then kisses me on the forehead, his warm embrace lasting for as long as he feels necessary. Walking away, we touch for as long as our arms reach. Patrick's sparked hair waves with the seas' afternoon breeze. As always, his forced smile is unable to hide his internal battle. That's when it happens. His eyes water. I look down only to see pixel-like sparkles eating at my skin. "You can't go..." 

One last embrace, and he's gone, everyone is. The cold breeze whisking away the last glimmers of hope...