Dance

A/N - there is a point where the music works best hopefully you can tell, but it's only for a while

---

"What goes well on brunettes? Like I know you're not necessarily an expert, but you have to know at least what goes well with colours."

"How about black? or a navy blue?" I say, walking alongside Lucy as she takes me to a shop known for its dressmaking.

"Not much choice there. I'd choose black out of those two. Have you thought of a dress you'd like? I think you'd look nice in white or light pink." We continue to walk as I ponder the choices. Lucy then thrusts out her arm, stopping me in my tracks. "We're here! Cinderella's Closet. I don't dress shop anywhere else, and because I'm such a loyal customer, I get a twenty percent discount on everything."

Lucy hops in and immediately hugs what looks to be the boss. Her long white hair perfectly drapes over her fitted grey dress coat and long off-white scarf.

"Lucy! It's been too long."

"I know Cinderella." They hug as if it's been years since they've seen each other. Then they part, and Lucy puts her hands on each of Cinderella's shoulders, "My friend here and I have a dance to get to tomorrow, the guilds' 50th anniversary."

"Say nothing more. I'd love to help you find or design a dress. Either would be ready by tomorrow morning, my guarantee."

The Sun lowers further as we go later into the afternoon. I haven't even tried on a dress; Cinderella and I have just been helping Lucy find the perfect dress.

"This is it." Lucy says while tears roll from her eyes, "This is it." She then looks at me, the gorgeously fitted silk black dress flowing perfectly with her every movement. Her eyes then gesture for my approval.

"You look like a princess Lucy."

Lucy nods somewhat unconvinced, then walks to me, "Cindy, can you get out the dress we picked out for Eevee." Cinderella then leaves, and Lucy stares down at me, "You haven't seen a princess until you've looked in the mirror."

Changed, I bend my head down, the fitted dress puffs out at my hips while the gorgeous floral patterns follow the shape of my chest. I look up, the mirror revealing a stranger. Her dress perfectly accentuating her beautifully sculptured body. The red material complimenting her naturally tanned skin.

"You look beautiful. With the puffed out skirt, floral top and sweetheart neckline. It looks fabulous on you." Cinderella compliments.

"You. You Look like a princess Eevee." Lucy sighs.

"But I can't pull this off," I say, recognising the girl in the mirror.

"If you can't, then no one can."

---

Tomorrow is today, and suddenly butterfrees fill my stomach, enough to make me feel sick. I roll over to see Lucy sat on her bed painting her nails.

"Today is the day... and it's going to be magical."

---

The doors open, and the bright scene lights up the night sky. The ballroom looks amazing; the ceiling sparkled with chandeliers, the walls glittered with gorgeous wallpapers. I've never seen such beauty in one room, not to mention the smell of newly baked bread and roast.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 50th anniversary of this guilds opening. I hope you have an amazing night dancing the night away, not to mention there will be a little treat held at the end," Aricin announces, proud and tall, his black and orange fur coat exerting prowess.

The dance starts, and I help Lucy find Greg through the sea of people.

"Where is...." Lucy's voice trails as she stares off into the distance, "He..." I see him too... Greg. Wearing a classic black suit with a black tie and white undershirt. He walks over, and like a prince seeing his princess, he bows while holding out his hand.

"Fair lady, would you give thee thy honour?"

Lucy hesitates... "If I must." She then takes his hand, and they go off together.

I walk myself to the food, the cakes look amazing with all their diverse colours and designs, I wish I could have them all, but I can't, I take one...

"And she lives up to her name."

Surprised, I turn around. A Man-child, wearing a metallic grey suit, black tie, and black undershirt, his blonde hair highlighting his sharp blue eyes. "I could say the same about you." I take one massive bite and scoff the cupcake.

"She really does live up to her name." I squeeze my right hand, holding back; not the place... Arceus, damn it. "Anyway." He then not so elegantly bows, his right hand suggesting mine while his left arm stands way too high to be sophisticated, "Fair Maid... ah... lady." I laugh, don't think I don't know what you were going to say, you mess of a gentleman. "Could you... I mean... would you take thee and give thee thy pleasure of being your partner in a dance."

"One would think you're trying to be a gentleman."

He gets up from his bow, looking quite embarrassed, "If the Shakespearian me doesn't work, then all ask normally." Then, he genuinely holds out his hand for mine, "Eevee... would you give a sad excuse of a gentleman the honour of dancing with a queen?"

My heart melts as his eyes stay true to his words. I place my hand in his, the soft skin sending sparks throughout my bloodstream, and as if on queue, the music changes to a soothing duet of strings and piano. (play music) "I would love nothing more than to dance with you, Patrick."

He leads me out to the middle of the dance floor, forcing me to slowly twirl before my waist erupts in quivers as the warm touch of a hand forms around it. I look up to Patrick's eyes, putting my body at ease. Each step was as gentle as the strings played. The song builds up slightly, and although I don't even try, we manage to stay in beat, and like the piano played, my heart starts to beat smoother, deeper.

I have never experienced this feeling, as if a person I only just met within a week or so ago went from an annoying stranger to... this. But what is this...

Still slowly twirling and stepping as if flying, my heart races as his forehead rests on mine, my stomach clenches, every single one of my veins shatter as his hot breath starts to mix with mine, his insistent eyes drawing closer to me. Millimetres separate us... and...

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Patrick holds me close as the chandelier breaks right next to us. I open my eyes to see Patrick's chest in my face blocking my view of anything. I break from his embrace, noticing the whole room draped in darkness. Oh Arceus, no... I look over to the exit, and there's what would be a beautiful, fairy-like woman set in stone. Her frozen hands hung to the ceiling by a rope.

"She's said to only appear in peaceful times or when a bright shining future awaits."

Listening to Dug's voice, I know her counterpart, the guardian of the forest. and my heart breaks, "this is our reminder." I feel Patrick's eyes look to mine in horror. He knows what I mean...

Soon...

Time will stand still...

Legends will freeze in stone...

Flames of darkness will enclose the sky...

And it'll be all because of the chosen one...