As our day goes on

(Dick's POV)

Just the image of Jason being like Tim made me let out a small chuckle. I looked up to Damian to see a blush going across his face.

"Cough. Since you seem better, why don't you go talk to Todd now?" He asked while quickly looking away from my gaze. I nodded my head and ruffled his hair before walking past Damian to go towards Jason's room. As soon as I reached Jason's room, I knocked on his door, no response. So I did it again, but louder to only get the same result as before. Huffing, I decided the only next option was to try to speak to him through the door.

"Jason! Can you please open the door! Look I'm, sorry for getting mad at you earlier." I yelled, trying to be loud enough to hear through the other side of the door.

I waited for what felt like an awkward second until I felt arms wrap against my waist tightly, protectively. I quickly turned my head, only to see the infamous smirk of his, Jason.

"Jason... can you please let go of me?" I utter, knowing full well that my face must've burst with a hot pink color of being flustered.

"Well, if I let go of you now, you might just run away. So no, I don't think that I will let go Dickie boy." He teased, but there seemed to be a lingering sound of worry in his voice as if letting me go meant something worse might happen.

"Jason, I promise I won't run away," I said hoping, that he'd let go. All I hear next was a tiny, 'Okay.' When he slowly began to let go of me, I turned my whole body to ace Jason. I looked at him, with a tentative smile, waiting for him to look at me, until the next thing I knew, the spot where Jason was just standing; he disappeared from. I quickly looked down to see that Jason was just tackled by Damian.

"Damian! Why did you just tackle him?!". I yelled. This wasn't something that Damian would do, the last time he really tackled or fought someone was when he first came to join our family, and it's been a while since that day. "Well, Grayson, if you want a reason so badly, here it is. I thought he was hurting you, so my natural instinct was to help by either taking down the perpetrator or safely removing the victim. But since you were still too close to him, I had to go with the first option." He said as if explaining something as simple as 1+1 to a child. 'Well, he didn't have to explain it to me as if I was stupid.' I inwardly thought to myself.

I quickly came up with an idea to get him off of Jason. "Damian, why don't you check on Bruce to make sure that he doesn't need any help packing for his trip?" I asked Damian to see if my plan would work. To my surprise, he listened and grudgingly got off of Jason to then storm off to Bruce's room. As soon as Damian got off of his back, I lent out a hand to help Jason up. Once he got back onto his feet, even though he was grumbling curses under his breath, I knew he appreciated my gesture. "Look, Jason, I just wanted to say sorry for getting mad at you earlier I-..."

My phone then decided to go buzzing like a storm; I quickly hold out my index finger to show that I was pausing our conversation quickly. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I automatically saw the ID name, Wally. Looking up to Jason, I was about to apologize that I needed to answer this call until I saw his face go red with anger and saw him storm into his room. Him closing the door with a loud slam!

With Jason running into his room like that, I thought that it was safe to say that Jason didn't want me talking to him. So I hesitantly picked up the phone after giving Jason's door one more quick glance, then just hearing Wally's voice was all I was focused on, almost forgetting everything that just happened. While speaking to Wally, I began to make my way downstairs to the kitchen.