Chapter Two - Shopping Trip

While twirling my keys around my index finger, I walked up to Jenny's door

While twirling my keys around my index finger, I walked up to Jenny's door. Jenny called me yesterday, begging for me to help her go shopping for clothes, since she desperately needed them. As Jenny promised, it was only us going shopping. Something about us needed time to bond together, while we still could.

Anyways, I totally understood that Jenny needed new clothes for school. I own a total of four pairs of jeans and only a couple of nice shirts. Going to private school, with a uniform, has helped me not become the average girl with a ton of clothes.

As I came up to Jenny's door, I skipped the doorbell. Jenny already knew I was coming over, and knowing her she would still be getting ready and wouldn't answer the door anyways. I opened the door, and walked in, silence met me. This was not surprising Jenny's parents were always working, and Kane was probably out with friends. Before I could flick off my shoes, I heard the basement door, and I froze.

Coming around the corner, was Kane holding a dirty plate. He stopped when he saw me; however, he had a friend behind him, didn't noticed Kane stopped, and he ran right into his back. Kane's friend stumble back, and quickly looked over to me, and gave me an odd look. For as long as I knew Kane, I never really met any of his friends before.

"What are you doing here?" asked Kane, finally. Kane's friend looked at me and then quickly back to Kane.

"To pick up Jenny," I sated, with a shrug.

"For what?" asked Kane. I rolled my eyes, finally having the courage to kick my shoes off. I started to walk towards the stairs when I turned back to Kane.

"Shopping," I said simply, and walked up the stairs, not caring what else Kane had to say. Kane and I weren't close, but we weren't enemies either. We mostly just kept things short, and he mostly just asked about where Jenny was going.

I walked up the stairs, I knocked on Jenny's door, and I heard a faint come in. I opened the door slowly, and saw Jenny laying on her bed, completely ready. And here I was thinking that Jenny wouldn't be ready. I was shocked. Jenny got off, while grabbing her purse, she walked towards the door.

"You're ready," I said. She turned towards me, with a smile. I still couldn't get over this fact.

"I am," said Jenny. And then she walked towards the door, where I was still standing. I moved out of her way and then she went down the stairs.

I couldn't' help but notice that Jenny had an extra bounce as she walked. Maybe she was excited to get new clothes. I slowly followed after Jenny, realizing that she walked in the kitchen to say bye to Kane. I followed.

"Kane, going shopping with Auds," said Jenny. I was standing behind her, but since I was a few inches taller than her, I could see Kane looking in the fridge, and his friend looking in the cabinets. They just ate, I thought. But when Kane heard Jenny's voice, Kane shut the fridge and turned around.