Chapter Five - The Sleepover

Chapter Five

The week flew by quickly, and it was finally Friday. I had just gotten home from school, and I couldn't wait for the other girls to get here. All week long, I've been bouncing up and down getting ready for the sleepover. I had the house clean, so all I had to do was set up some snacks. Also, my parents already left for the cabin, before I got home from school.

Speaking of school, it was almost like a pattern to me. I would come home, do my homework, eat dinner with either both of my parents or just my dad, and then I would finish my homework. After those things finished, if I had time, I would call Jenny. Ever since my birthday, Jenny has been answering her calls when I call her. I asked about her night out, and she said it was good. And that was that. I never mentioned it after that and Jenny never commented on further than that. However, she did mention that a lot of times she would hang out at Julie's house after school. That bought a small pang to my heart, but I tried not to think about that and focus on the positive. Like this sleepover. It was definitely going to be one of the best.

The girls were going to arrive shortly after school. Most of them wanted to stop at home and get their things, and then they would be here. Jenny's school still got out at the same time as mine, so I knew she would be here around the same time as the others. As I was finishing putting all the junk food and the cupcakes that I made, out on the table in the living room, I heard the doorbell go off.

I walked out of the living room, into the hallway, and I finally pulled open the front door. I couldn't hold my excitement for much longer, so when I saw Jenny standing there with her bag, I squealed and gave her a big hug. She returned the hug with a huge smile on her face. She missed me as much as I missed her. Even though we talked every day, it just wasn't the same as when I actually got to see her in person.

"I missed you so much," I said, finally taking a step back.

She had on a little bit of makeup, which is sort of unusual because she usually wore none at our sleepovers. However, she did go to school earlier, so maybe she didn't wash it off. She also had on an outfit I didn't recognize, but I knew she needed more clothes if she was going to be wearing normal clothes at school. She probably got the outfit at the mall, when I wasn't there.

"Same here," said Jenny, while stepping around me to go inside my house. I followed her.

She walked straight to the living room and sat down her bag. She looked at the table with all the junk food on top of it.

"Let me guess, you made the cupcakes?" asked Jenny, while reaching down for some M&M's. M&M's were definitely one of her favorite candies.

"Of course," I said, with a small smile on my face. Jenny shook her head, lightly.

"I'm definitely going to eat too many of those," Jenny said. "You make the best cupcakes ever."

"Thanks," I said. "I tried one yesterday, and they might be a little too sweet for you guys, but they were so good."

Jenny laughed. I secretly had a small problem with my sweet tooth. I craved sugar. I couldn't get enough of it. And I know it definitely wasn't the healthiest option, but damn, I couldn't help myself. Luckily, I had Jenny there to always help me exercise when I felt that I needed it the most. Jenny loved to exercise, especially yoga. She had an amazing body to show for it, too. But for me, exercise was definitely one thing I really didn't care for, but it was something I did occasionally to keep my body in decent shape.

"Anyways," said Jenny, changing the subject, "I have everything written down about the locker room stuff. And I also think tomorrow is the best day to start."