Chapter 8

"Why are they here?!" Aria questioned her boss with the most frustrated voice as they all entered the Conference room.

"Aria--"

"How'd you know they were here?" Bradley asked her with furrowed brows that  mirrored everyone else's.

"What?" She spun on her heel to face him.

"How did you know they were here?"

Aria pursed her lips to the question and temporarily looked away. She shrugged "One makes the air around me slightly cold and the other has a stare that I can feel from miles away. . ."

They narrowed their eyes at her response but Aria shook her head.

"That doesn't matter. I shouldn't have felt anything cause they shouldn't be here. Why are they here?" Aria asked and turned to Ian.

"I called them and asked them to stop by."

"You told them where we were?"

"Well, I was about to but they told me they already knew where from tagging you; Aria, from yesterday. When did you see them yesterday?"

At that moment, hers and Bradley's eyes widen.

"I believe you both forgot to mention that in your debriefing statements."

"Maybe you should go Brady." Aria whispered, looking into the questioning and upset eyes of Ian.

"Yeah I should."

"Do," Ian flaunted a smile and lifted his gaze to him "And I'll bring you back by your ear."

Bradley gulped at the intimidating eyes of Ian.

Aria shook her head again. "Stop distracting me," All eyes fell on her "Why'd you bring them here?"

Ian contemplated on answering her so he looked at her small figure and thought what's the point, she'll know in the end anyway.

"I called them here to help me."

His words caused Niall's and Zachary's eyes to shift their stares to him.

Aria narrowed her eyes. "You are aware you have like 200 some henchmen all around this place, right?"

Ian nodded once. "Yes but not one of them would of been as dedicated as I am in getting this done."

"Getting what done?" She asked.

And Ian sighed heavily, preparing for the reaction she was about to show. "None of the stockholders was willing to help, the men out there hate you and I need as much people to help me so I could get it done. Niall and Pierce are more fond of protecting you than me and Bradley combined."

Aria narrowed her eyes as it pieced together. She didn't believe him. "What?"

Her feet moved her closer to him. "No."

"You're gonna have them fight against him." Bradley said in disbelief.

"No. No you're not."

"Aria--"

"You told me that you weren't going to hurt them, that was the deal."

"And I won't hurt them--"

"You are if your bringing them in this!" Aria yelled while throwing her hand in the air.

"You would be going against our deal and why do you suddenly need help? You didn't need help for this past year. And why are you so hooked on protecting me?"

"That wasn't meant for me to answer, right?" Ian asked rhetorically and walked closer to her.

"You just mentioned our contract and yet your asking me why I want you safe?"