Authors Note

Every American student knows that our education system is broken. It's it shattered into little Itty bitty pieces, and needs glued back together. As a matter of fact, we need to take those pieces, fit them together like a puzzle, and use molten gold to fuse it back together, and make it better than it was before.

This topic is serious and there will be NO JOKING. By that I mean,

-No suggestions about vending machines with candy bars and cupcakes

-No suggestions about there being school once a month or something if the sort

-No suggesting that we are allowed to have electronics out whenever we want, no questions asked

Nothing stupid. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be fun in the school, I'm saying that Candy bars and cupcakes are unhealthy. They're okay once in a while, but they're not school appropriate, there are many more healthier options that are just as good as chocolate and cake. I'm saying that, school once a month would be pretty much ineffective. You'd know 2+2 and 2×2 both equaled 4. Advancement would be so poor that next to nothing would end up accomplished. If you had out your electronics 24/7 (you know you would) you wouldn't be paying attention, you'd be there for nothing.

Suggestions that would be good would be something like...

-Shorter school days

-School starting later

-Better lunches

-No more homework

Things like that. Homework is stressful and we already go to school so much, we don't need it to take up our home life and prevent our social life and hobbies.

Good food helps concentration

Shorter school days gives you time in the evening to actually do fun things, socialize, do home studies, ect.(I get home at like 5 o'clock and go to bed at 9-10:30)(At most that's about 5 and a half hours)

School starting later would help with the sleep deprivation epidemic happening throughout the US. The average teen, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't get tired till around 10? 10:30? And, me, myself, personally, in order to catch the bus, must get up at 5, which is seven hours of the 9-10 needed. If school started at 10 instead, things like a students focus, mood, and attitude, would greatly improve.

Now that I've made my point, feel free to leave any suggestions or critiques in the comments. Thank you and have a nice day.