Chapter 1

(Newt x Reader)

Newt's POV

"C'mon Mr. Scamander! I want you to meet someone." Tina said, dragging me along the streets.
"You're going to pull my arm out of socket if you don't stop." I complained.
She didn't reply, instead, she stopped in front of a big, run down building. It looked like it would fall apart any second now. I saw someone looking out the window before the blinds snapped shut.
   "What are we doing here? It looks as if it's abandoned." She must be out of her mind.
   She opened the door as she spoke, "I want you to meet someone that lives here." She stepped inside, beckoning for me to come in.
As I walked in, the floor creaked beneath me. "Who could possibly live here?" I asked, dumbfounded.
"Credence?" Tina called out. "I want you to meet somebody."
All of a sudden, a boy with black hair and fair skin, that adorned bruises and cuts stepped out into the light. "Yes, Miss. Tina?" He sounded scared, and hesitant.
"This is Mr. Newt Scamander. A friend of mine." She said with a soft smile.
"Hello, Credence."
"Hello, Mr. Scamander." He responded before averting his eyes. He looked as if he was hiding something. Something important.
"Is your mother home, Credence?" Tina asked, trying to break the small silence.
He was silent for a minute before he reluctantly responded. "No ma'am. She's off for another protest."
   "I'm surprised she didn't drag you with her, again. Oh well. Why don't you two talk some and get to know each other better?"
   "Okay." He said, as if he really didn't want to.

   We sat at a small table across from each other. "Tell me about yourself, I'd love to know a little about you."
   "Well..." He started off, "my mother is a protester of the 'Second Salem' that wants to make America witch free. And she really hates me..." Credence stated absentmindedly, stuttering and nervous.
   "That's terrible!" I replied. "But there must be something good about living here, right?"
   He thought for a moment. "I used to have a sister, (Y/N). She died a few years ago from sickness. We weren't sure what though." There it was again. That look of regret and secrecy. He wasn't telling me something.
   "Credence. Is someth-..." I was cut off by the scream of a girl, no younger than 18.