Chapter 3

~timeskip to the next day brought to you by Poland dancing across the screen fabulously while Switzerland shoots at him with an ak-47~

Readers POV

   I couldn't sleep last night, not with the pain of the whipping and the thought that somebody actually cared about me. What was his name? Oh right, Newt. What an odd name. He was rather cute, to be honest. Mother would never let me talk to him though. Especially since I'm Satan and I'd end up killing him with my curse. Freckled Jesus Sparkles, I am such a disgrace.
"(Y/N)!" Mother called through the door, "Shut up! You're disturbing the children's lessons!" I hadn't even realized I've been crying.
"I'm sorry, Mother," I quietly replied.
"I am not your mother, you worthless witch!" One could hear the hate dripping from her voice.
Inaudible words came through the door, and that's when I realized it was Credence.
"Where have you been?!" Mother yelled.
"I... I was looking for a place to hold the next meeting." I could tell he was lying, and that he was afraid of her. The clinking of his belt could be heard throughout the house before the harsh sound of mother hitting Credence with it repeatedly rang in my ears.
"Stop it! Please! Don't hurt him!" I cried through the door.
"Quiet you! You don't understand any of this!" She was right, I don't understand any of this. I don't understand why she hits him, or me! Or why she adopts all these children even though she hates them! But you know what? I hate her, just as much as she hates them!

Newt's POV

I woke up to gently murmur of Jacob and Queenie next to me. I couldn't tell what they were saying, nor do I want to. I swiftly got up and opened my briefcase.
"Where are you going?" Jacob asked.
"I have creatures to check on." I replied before disappearing into the case.
I went through each habitat to feed and care for each fantastic creature. When I got to Frank (A/N: Thank you liukii and @DragonMoth5102 for correcting the name of the Thunderbird. I had Fred.). I sat down near him.
"You have no idea the kind of day I had yesterday," I started. "It was, very nerve-racking. I hope I never have to go through it again."
I continued my conversation with the large beast until I was rudely interrupted by a banging on the case.
I climbed the stairs and poked my head out. "Yes?" It was Tina.
"We need your help."