chapter 1|first day

Alice

I walked into Hogwarts proudly and ready to start the new year. I was extremely gleeful until I bumped into the one and only newt scamander.

"My apologies," he said nervously until he saw who it was. "Oh it's just you." He glared down at me. He had gotten taller over the summer. 5'11" to be exact. I just scowled back at him. Turning I walked into the great hall. I sat down next to my one and only friend Caroline.

"Hi," she squeaked grabbing me into a hug.

"Hello," I smiled. "How was your summer?"

"You saw me two weeks ago," she gave me a confused look. I simply laughed, making her more confused than she already was. I was saved by the headmaster starting his speech.

"6th year ravenclaw prefects: Alice Pontmeir and Timothy Hunt," he announced. I stood and walked up to the other prefects. "Hufflepuff prefects: Kiera Zora and Newt Scamander." They came up and I was standing in the middle of Tim and Kiera which was okay. "Come to my office after the feast," he signaled us to go back.

"Congratulations!" Caroline screamed when I came back.

"Yeah,yeah, big deal," I smiled. After I went to the headmaster's office, we walked to the library. I sat in the corner picking up "Hogwarts: A History."

"What a nerd," Caroline snickered. She picked up a book on quidditch and sat down next to me. After an hour I heard a familiar voice. Caroline fell asleep on my shoulder.

"Well, look who's here," I heard Newt's voice ring through the library.
"We have prefect duties,"

"I need to get her back to the common room," I squeaked. He sighed and picked her up bridal style.

"Let's go," he whispered.

"Alice?" Caroline shifted.

"Yeah?" I replied walking next to newt.

"Who's carrying me and where are we?" She sounded confused. Newt put her down and I let her get on my back.

"I'm carrying you and we're going back to the common room. You fell asleep in the library." I answered her questions.

"Okay," she put her head on my shoulder and fell back asleep. When we got there, I answered the riddle and set her on her bed.

"I have prefect duties," I told her. "I'll be back soon." She nodded and fell asleep. I walked back out and Newt was sitting on the wall.

"Let's get this over with," he sneered.

"Yes, let's," I scowled back. I walked quietly to avoid arguments. I really didn't like arguing with him. It was tiring. We caught a pair of first years chatting in the hall and a fifth year couple.

"I'm gonna stop at the kitchens," he told me. I nodded and followed him. He walked in and the house elves greeted him with a smile. "Hi guys!" He smiled happily at them. "Can I get some eclairs and do you want anything?" He turned to me. I shook my head.

"If I change my mind I'll take your eclairs," I smirked and he glared at me.

"That's it," he told them. "Thank you." He sat down across from me at the table. Less than 10 minutes later, they set a plate of assorted eclairs on the table. He nodded to them and picked one up biting into it with a satisfied look. I put my head down on the table as he ate the eclairs. He put a strawberry one in front of my mouth. I took a bite of it, because it was my favorite flavor. I never took my head off the table. I just kind of moved my head forward and bit it. He smiled.

"I don't want anything," he mocked me. He kicked me under the table. I scowled at his impression of me.

"I don't talk like that," I looked up at him. He had a bruise on his cheek which I never noticed before. I didn't want to push it so I didn't say anything.

"You're wondering about the bruise," he sighed. "I'll tell you on the way back." I put my head back down on the table eventually drifting off to sleep.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey! Yeah I decided to rewrite it. I hope you guys like it and I'm trying to update once a week on each story. If not more. How was your thanksgiving break?

Mine was horrible. When my cousins came over, they messed up the whole house and I need to clean for a party next week. The picture on the top is alice.

- Alice