Chapter 5|secret dinners♡

I walked hand in hand with Newt down the corridor. We were going to the kitchen, to get the dinner that we missed once again. I swung our arms back and forth, happy that quidditch tryouts started tomorrow. I had to find two new chasers, due to the incident that happened yesterday, but I was bursting with happiness at the moment. Newt, on the other hand, looked very unhappy. He had been playing with my fingers, making me stop swinging our arms.

"Are you okay?" A concerned look crossed my face as I turned to look at him, taking his other hand in mine. He nodded.

"I had to let my niffler go," he whined to me for the millionth time today. The headmaster suggested that he let it go, because it probably missed it's family. I rolled my eyes and gave him a peck on the lips, which made his cheeks flush red, but brought a smile onto his face. "Okay," He busied himself with my fingers again. "Let's get dinner." I smiled and went back to my cheerful self, my robes billowing behind me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Newt

I smiled at her cheerfulness. She was absolutly stunning and adorable at the same time. I was planning on asking her to be my girlfriend tonight, and had a necklace in my pocket for her. I was extremely nervous, covering it up with a lie about the niffler. Well, I  was unhappy about that also. Earlier that day, I was playing with her hair again, throwing it up into a bun.

 Earlier that day, I was playing with her hair again, throwing it up into a bun

When we reached the kitchen, the house elves greeted me cheerfully.

"Hi guys," I greeted them back, leading Alice to our usual table. It was weird buying the necklace. I had no experience with girls. Thankfully, I had Pickett.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -
Alice

Newt led me to our usual table. We chatted for a while about his creatures. We ordered our food, enjoying each other's presence.

"Ca- can I ask you something?" Newt asked blushing bright red.

"Shoot," I told him, looking up.

"Al- Alice, I'm sorry I wa- was cruel to you all those years," he paused, gulping. "But, I- I really li- like you now. Wi- will you be my gir- girlfriend?" I looked at him, contemplating for a minute.

"Yes," I replied. "I suppose I like you too."

"I- it's okay if you say-" he looked up at me suprised. "Really?" He had a shimmer of happiness in his eyes as he stood up with me, hugging me. "Thank you," he held me tighter. I buried my face in his chest, as I felt something cold go around my neck. I looked down to see a "n" on a simple chain. I toyed with it, smiling to myself.

"It's beautiful," I told him, jumping into his arms. He caught me, thankfully. My legs around his waist, I kissed him, laughing into the kiss. He kissed back, holding me close to him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There you go. They're together. Newt finally worked up the guts to ask her out, and she said yes. What hogwarts house are you in?

I'm in ravenclaw.

- Alice💖