Part One: Pained

"Click, clack, click, clack!" The sound of her boots hitting the pavement as she walked down his driveway echoed past the streets. It was later in the evening, the sun had finally set on this warm June night, and Jeannie was requested by Elton John to stay over for the night for some dinner and preparation for a house party he was having the following day.
She could hardly wait. She and Elton had been going steady for about 8 months now, at least, she had been visiting him frequently since she first rekindled their friendship back in November. Jeannie always loved going over to his house and talking to him, having jokes, and sleeping over some nights. He was always so fun and sweet to hang out with. Lately she recalled that he had been wanting to take her out for dinner rather than stay at home, but he hasn't done it yet. She wondered if he was going to this time.
By the time she concluded her thoughts, she was already up at Elton's grand doorstep and rang the doorbell. It was Bernie who answered.
"Jeannie, oh I'm so happy to see you! Elton has been expecting you." He smiled with charm, and then invited Jeannie along inside. They gave each other a big, warm hug and then she began to take off her boots.
"Where is Elton?" Jeannie asked.
"Oh, I think he's still cleaning one of the rooms in the back." Bernie pointed to the walls beyond the dining room.
"He's cleaning? Why doesn't he have somebody else do it?" Jeannie laughed a snort.
Bernie snorted back and shrugged, "I d'know. I think he said he wants more responsibility for himself. He wants to stop being lazy."
"Really? He hasn't told me that."
"Yeah, he started a workout routine, too. Rehab wanted him to keep up on some sort of healthy schedule so he's adding exercise to his list."
Elton had been in rehab for at least a year now and had been trying to keep up on losing his weight and maintaining his health. His entire lifestyled had changed since 1989 when he last used his worst enemy: cocaine. In addition to coke, he also stopped his heavy drinking habits and put his own health to the front for once. As a result, other side effects resurfaced much brighter, such as anger issues he was not always in control of.
"I'm going to sneak up on him and scare him." Jeannie smirked, walking down the big wooden floors in her soft little socks. She peeked around every corner and doorway until she found Elton laying down on the sofa and reading a little book. She crouched down and snuck behind the couch, and then popped up into the air about 5 feet.
"Boo!"
"...!" Elton panicked and threw his book into the air, his heart jumping out of his chest.
"Jeannie!" He said, somewhat relieved, somewhat pissed, and also happy. He didn't know what to do. "Wot was that for?"
"I dunno, just wanted to have some fun!" She winked, then walked over to him on the other side of the couch and bent down. She leaned in to give him a sweet cuddle and hug, feeling his soft cheeks and hands press up against hers. He held her back tightly, allowing her tiny frame to be swallowed by his arms. Then he leaned forward and kissed her forehead.
"How are you today, darling?" He whispered affectionately.
She didn't answer, she was more curious about what he was up to.
"I thought you were cleeeeaning." She smiled at his book, then reached out to touch it. She tilted it to look at the cover.
"Whatcha readin'?"
Elton gave a long, low sigh and sat up from the sofa. He looked at Jeannie with a small smile. "Gee, girl, you just walked in the door, calm down." His voice was gentle, but it sounded different than normal for some reason.
"I'm sorry. Are you sick? You sound different."
Elton looked down at his body like he had never seen himself before, and then stared back at Jeannie with lost eyes.
"No, I'm not... w-wot makes you think that?"
"Oh I don't know-" Her speech was suddenly rushed, "I just saw you laying down and reading; I don't normally see that."
Jeannie looked at the floor for a minute, and when she looked up, her eyes locked with Elton's. He almost looked pained for some unknown reason, but she tried not to bother him any more than she already did. "Maybe he's just having a bad day." She concluded.
"Yeah," He sighed again, then casted his book aside and stood up completely now. He scratched his head. "Yeah, I got distracted from cleaning." He finally gave a little laugh to himself and tried to loosen up.
"Oh, I see. Hey, Elton, didn't ya want me over to help?"
'Yeah, I did, but never mind." He began to smile a little more now, and suddenly got up from the sofa. Confused, Jeannie watched him walk out of the room to retrieve something. When he returned, he had a tiny gold and pink box in his hand, wrapped in a very sparkly bow and tag. He held out the box in front of her to take.
"I actually just wanted to give you a lil' somethin'." He said. She took the box from his gentle hands and stared at it for a minute. He always wrapped the best gifts in the best boxes. She was thrilled to see what he got for her this time.
She took a seat on the sofa and read the tag attached to the box. A sweet smile spread across her face as she read it: "For my Little Jeannie, I love you, Eltie."
She nearly squealed because he signed it with the nickname she had given him over the past few months!
Carefully, she unwrapped the the present and casted the bows and ribbons aside. At last, she opened the box and pulled out a stunningly gorgeous, bright gold necklace shaped like a heart. On the front were piano keys, draped with precious diamonds all over. On the back was a small engraving that read, "Love, Elton."
After reading that, she began to weep and cry.
Elton tried to hold back a smile, but he couldn't do it. He sat down beside Jeannie and curled his fingers around her arms, squeezing her in for a kiss. He didn't care that she was crying, he kissed the tears down her cheeks and pressed his lips against hers tenderly. A tear trickled down to their lips and felt like a warm raindrop upon his skin. It felt so good to him.
Jeannie looked down at her hands and opened her palms to look at the beautiful necklace once again. She adored it with all her heart, carrying it up to her chest and cradling it. She closed her eyes and felt his hot breath across her cheek.
"I take it you like it?" He chuckled lowly.
She sighed with joy and her eyes began to light up. "Oh... Elton! I love it! I love it! I love you..."
Suddenly she could feel his rougher hands touch her palms as he took the necklace out of her soft, little hands. Then he pushed her silky hair out of her eyes and looked down at her delicate neck. Blushing deeply, he took the necklace, wrapped it around her neck, and put it on for her.
She couldn't handle all this love at once anymore. Jeannie grabbed his arms and started to get so excited she was nearly hyperventilating.
"I-" she could hardly breathe in between her heavy pants, "I love-" She opened her eyes, then closed then again, then she squealed, "You!"
Elton was just about to say it back when he felt the presence of someone behind him. He looked up and found Bernie grinning at the doorway.
"Elton, I didn't know you bought that for her. What a sweet thing to do." Jeannie looked up at Bernie, wiping the tears from her blue eyes.
"I love you dearly." Elton sort of ignored Bernie and lifted Jeannie's head to give her another kiss. Suddenly she leaned into him and nearly forced him to make out with her, until they both lost their breath and balance. They were so in the moment to really notice or care about Bernie's presence. Elton touched her waist and brought her in, sighing and moaning over the extreme desire he had for this beautiful girl in his arms. The only thing that he wanted from this girl was her undying love, and to see her pretty eyes watering down in extreme bliss. That was what made the man in him so happy.
Bernie walked over to the heated kiss and tried to snap them out of it.
"Hey you two, cut it out, now. We've got work to do here, remember?" He giggled, then shook Elton's shoulder.
He looked up at Bernie with a playful scowl, then finished another kiss with Jeannie. His arms still wrapped around her shoulders and neck, he began to laugh to himself.
"Work?" He said, almost deliriously. "Work? We don't have any work to do here!"
Bernie raised an eyebrow and blinked blankly. He looked at Jeannie, who had a mouthful of Elton's tongue and lips, and she looked confused as well. He watched her angelic blue eyes open wide as she couldn't take whatever it was he was doing to her anymore. She coughed.
"Elton!" She could barely catch her breath, "What kind of kiss was that?" She was almost disgusted, in the look of her eyes, but she spoke lightly.
Elton opened his eyes and then immediately became ashamed in himself.
"I'm sorry, I think I went too far." He blushed, although Jeannie wasn't really smiling back. He had never been so aggressive with her, even if it was just a kiss. Her lips almost hurt. But she tried her best to sooth the tension in the room.
"It's okay, I know you love me, and I just want to thank you for this perfect necklace. I love it with all my heart!" She looked down at her neck to see the shiny new gold necklace laying upon her skin. It made her overjoyed. She felt like Elton had left a mark on her forever.
Elton nodded back and touched her cheek, looking into her eyes one last time. Jeannie noticed that he looked pained again. It was such an usual look. He didn't look angry, nor sad. He looked very lost; broken. It sort of scared Jeannie. She didn't know how much longer she could pretend that she didn't notice the bare nothingness in his eyes.
He finally got up from the sofa and walked up to Bernie.
"Okay, I think there is still a little bit we gotta do. We need to put up decorations. I don't feel like doing it tomorrow." He gazed around the room and looked at the walls. There were so many spots that could be decorated.
"I got balloons and garland and some confetti shit. Who wants to help with that?" He looked around the room as if there was a crowd of people, yet it was only Bernie and Jeannie. They both looked at eachother agreed to help.
"Perfect. Jeannie, you can do the balloons, and me and Bernie can do the other stuff."