Part Three: Breaking Hearts

When the sun was just creeping below the blue and pink cotton candy swirl of the sky, Jeannie drove herself down to Elton's place for the house party. She remembered to bring extra clothes and pajamas this time, just in case she would sleep over again.
Although inside her chest was this deep uncertainty. She was only halfway excited. 
She drove down his driveway and parked near his house so she didn't have to walk a near mile to reach his doorstep. Before she got out of the car, she checked herself in the rearview mirror. She was saddened by what she saw.
That's exactly what she was doing- looking at his and her life through a rearview mirror. "What is going to be like this time?" Jeannie began to brood, putting her hands in her face and sighing longingly. "I know he loves me but I don't know if things are ever going to be the same?" She looked at her weary blue eyes and whined a little more, "I don't understand what happened."
She forced herself to stop pondering and got out of the car. As soon as she stepped out, she could smell fire and good food cooking, mixed with the warmth of the summer air, flowers, and trees. Nature calmed her down just enough so that she wouldn't have a nervous breakdown as she approached his door.
She could hear music playing and about 13 TVs on, as well as a lot of commotion. The lights were colorful and blasting through the window. He had practically turned his house into a disco club.
She held her breath and rang the doorbell, and the door opened immediately. It wasn't Elton, of course, he was too busy doing something somewhere. Instead, a stranger she did not recognize answered the door.
Jeannie just walked right on in and didn't say a word. She just took off her shoes and tossed them aside casually, then scanned the heavily populated rooms carefully. She was looking for one person specifically: Bernie.
She didn't see him for awhile. She check all sorts of rooms, but only found other members of Elton's band, family, friends, strangers, heck, maybe even a few random fans. She had no idea who half the people were at this party, but it slightly made her uncomfortable. Elton was not the type of guy to go to a large, extravagant party- let alone host one. It made her very suspicious.
She found Elton first instead of Bernie. He was around the table playing an intense game of pool. Peeking shyly around the corner, Jeannie just watched intently for a several minutes as he played the game.
"Jamie don't be a cocksucker! Hit the damn thing!" Elton demanded one of his friends on how he thought he should play the game. The cue ball darted across the table and bumped against a solid ball, knocking it into one of the holes instantly.
"That's a fine shot there boy!" Some random guy hollered.
"Jamie is talented like that!" A cute blonde smiled, wrapping her arm around the guy and giving everyone a smile. Jeannie assumed they were an item.
Elton walked up to the table now, where he was just about to make the last shot of the game in for the night. He took the pool stick carefully and strategically stared at the placement of the cue ball and the striped blue ball. He pretended as if he was making a life-threatening decision.
When he made up his mind, he took the stick and placed it on the table and bent over. Closing one eye, he slowly pulled back the stick and aimed precisely where he thought would make the best shot. And then he hit- hard as a goddamn bullet. The balls became a quick blur as they raced across the green felt- and all you could hear was one of the balls being smashed into a hole. Everybody got up from their seats and screamed, literally, a deafening sound that made Jeannie cover her hears.
She looked up and saw everybody around Elton, giving him a hug and screaming and hollering at him like high school students winning a football game. Elton just smiled and nodded and laughed with everyone, enjoying the victory that was laid upon him. He didn't seem to notice Jeannie at all until he opened his eyes for once and saw past the crowd.
"I'm going to grab somethin' to drink." He told everyone, then began jogging towards the doorway where she was.
Jeannie stepped out and grabbed his arm. he stopped and turned around.
"Jeannie!" Elton gasped, although it looked sorta fake. "You came!"
"Yeah," Jeannie said neutrally, "You wanted me to come, remember?" She almost gave him an attitude, although she couldn't think of any reason why she did it.
There was too much commotion and confusion going on for Elton to really hear her tone of voice. He just chuckled and looked arounf the room, not really paying too much attention to her.
"Hey," He said, tapping her shoulder, "Come meet some famous blokes." And he grabbed her hand and pulled her across the hall into another room. She didn't know why she even bothered following him, but she did.
Elton took her in front of a couple folks who seemed quite familiar to her: Rod Stewart, George Michael, and Andy Warhol. She was too conflicted at the moment to smile at them, even though she was excited to meet them.
"That's ya girl, Sharon?" Rod nudged Elton in the gut playfully, and he roared with laughter back. Apparently, they had given each other silly nicknames.
"Sure is-" Elton put his arm on Jeannie's back and gently walked her closer to Rod for a proper introduction. "My darling Jeannie." He dramatically said.
Rod held out his hand and she shook it gently. He raised an eyebrow and gave her a flirtatious sort of smirk. She didn't know what for, but she just looked at him and waited for him to speak.
"Now well aren't you a cute little one?" He said, raising her hand up and kissing it. Jeannie began to hide a smile, though she didn't want Rod or anything like that- it just made her happy to know that she was like amongst Elton's friends.
Elton smacked Rod's arm jokingly and walked in front of him. "She's taken, Phyllis." He mumbled with a devious little smile, then turned over to George and Andy. They were blushing the whole time at the innocent little encounter they just saw.
"Hello there, Jeannie." George tried to give her a handshake this time that didn't make her uncomfortable. He smiled genuinely at her and she gave one back, then did the same for Andy. they both turned at looked at each other as if they had something to say to her, but they instead just blushed to themselves. Jeannie could tell that every single one of the guys liked her... and she began to feel so overwhelmed with the thought that these super celebrities were flirting with her that she forgot she was already dating a famous man herself.
Elton had noticed that they were flirting with her and decided that enough was enough, and he wanted to show them off. Quite childly, he took Jeannie's chin and turned it upward, then grabbed her cheeks and pulled her in for a kiss- it slowly melted into an all-out make out session that she could not escape from. He kept her held in for a while as he tilted her head back and made out with her soft, tender lips. She just closed her eyes and kissed him back- though it didn't quite feel the same still. He was just a little too rough.
Elton pulled up one of her legs to his body and held her there and leaned her back so far she felt like she was doing the limbo. Then he pushed his tongue into her mouth, and she was surely about to cough, but she didn't want to do that in front of all these people watching. By now she could feel the presence of at least 10 pairs of eyes on her, and she began to feel as if her privacy was invaded. She wanted to end the kiss, but he still continued for another full minute until he had to stop to pant.
Everybody laughed and beamed, clapping their hands and making jokes to each other about Elton kissing such a young girl. She could feel the anxiety in her stomach swell up to her chest, and she felt a knot in her throat. She didn't know what to do, yet she knew what was about to happen next.
She turned to Elton and looked at him with heartache, eyes watering like wet puddles in the rain. She felt deeply violated and hurt. He wasn't making love to her he was breaking it. With this thought in mind, she turned to him slowly, her arms visibly shaking with restlessness, and she told him she had to go to the bathroom for a minute.
She only wanted to get out of this vicious circle of pain and mistrust.