Prologue

It was a peaceful summer day. A slight, fresh breeze that cooled by body. Partially cloudy, but very blue skies with the feel of warm sun on my relaxed skin. I had the house to myself. My mother, sisters, and dog had went to the park and left me to be alone as I lay on the old, tattered, and falling apart green swing. As I laid there, I sometimes watched the sky and listened to robins chirping in the trees. I ran my fingers through my golden brown hair and stared at the filled up in-ground pool with fresh green grass growing in it.

I laid like this for a few hours with a small smile on my face and a dimple on my right cheek. I watched the sun set and felt its light bounce just right into my eyes, causing them to look like tropical oceans for the last time. Then I closed my eyes after the bright light began to burn to look at. I turned from my left side to lay on my back and sleep until the others came home.

However, before the sun set could completely fade away, a shadow fell over me, bringing a cold chill of fright along with it. My body automatically wanted to tense up, but long years of self-made practice helped me remain unmoved. Stay calm. It shocked me. When night's darkness came I was going to head inside if I had not already gone to open the door for the others, but I hadn't expected it to come so quickly. I must be over exaggerating, the sun was probably just covered by a cloud or went behind the mountain already. But I was going to check just to be sure, I always did because something inside my head always told me one day it would be different. Before I could open my eyes, someone spoke in a low purr of a voice.

"Hello Gabrielle."

That voice made my heart skip a few beats. How could he be here? What would he want with me? I am nobody important enough to waste his time on. In fact, I am a nobody. A split second went by as I processed my thoughts, and my eyes snapped open. It was Starscream.

Standing there, in a yard no one could see in other than the alley way was Starscream, Megatron's 1st lieutenant . How he was able to get away from the Predacons and find me? I have no idea. With a sneer on his face he continued.

"Well, is it not a fine evening, hmmm? Perfect for relaxing ... and ... torturing." He turned his head to me and emphasized the last word.

Every nerve in my body should should have been screaming at me to run for it. But I was in the asking-to-get-myself-killed zone keeping dangerously cool. I sat up slowly and stretched with a wide yawn.I turned to him and leaned back.

"Yes Starscream, a fine evening it is. How are you?" I replied, flashing a grin. He seemed surprised at my reply,but he quickly recollected himself.

"So you know who am. Good."

"Yes I know quite a bit about you Starscream. Like how Megatron has to constantly beat you to get through your thick head. Oh, how you constantly disobey his orders. Arrogantly tried to take rule of the Decepticons. Not to mention how you ..."

"ENOUGH!!! Heh, I can see you know too much already, especially about me. Now ... " He brought out a giant metal machine I recognized as a Cybertronian version of a taser. "This is going to hurt you a lot more than it will hurt me." He touches me with it, and before I can process the pain, I lose consciousness.