Chapter 1: New Beginnings

My consciousness was slowly coming back to me, and so were the recent events. I felt extremely stiff and wondered if this was anything like a police officer’s taser. Something gave me a darkened feeling that that was not the case.  I began to get bored of lying still, so I attempted to move and sit up, but found I could not. Okay, try not to panic. Starscream can only do so much to you.

     I opened my eyes. I was in some metal room that looked very much like a laboratory.  Uh-oh, looks like I’m the lucky human who gets to be dissected.  Goodbye cruel world, I didn’t care for you much more than you did me.  But as I mentally said that, my wandering eyes fell on the far right corner of the room. As my eyes laid sight on the still figure lying on the table, my heart dropped. There, on the table, was me. I closed my eyes and dropped my head forward in disbelief.

    Impossible! How can I be able to see myself, a human, despite the questionable actions, without a mirror, a picture, a video, or something! Then I realized, if my body is over there, then what is containing me over here? I hesitantly lifted my head up straight. I opened my eyes and looked at where my body should have been, to find the body of a robot.

    My first thought should have been fear, but I was calm. In fact, I felt like I had never experienced joy before in my life. I have a Cybertronian body? How is that even possible? But before I could digest everything thoroughly, the wall opened and in came Shockwave. As soon as he stepped in here, I knew he would have an absolutely logical answer for exactly how this was possible.

    “I see that the patient has awoken. Can you speak?” His bright red eye seemed to glow brighter as if he was absolutely enjoying his observation. I have no doubt that he was. Then I began to wonder. Can I speak? I guess it was worth a shot because I did not have anything to lose. Well, none other than my new life, which I was not sure I wanted to live if I was in the Decepticon hands. So I gave speaking a whirl.

    “Yes, I can speak Shockwave,” I succeeded in saying effortlessly.

    “Just as I had expected, the procedure went perfectly.” He began circling the angled platform I was strapped to.

    “Procedure? You obviously did something. What did I do to you that was so horrible? Why did you choose to do this to me and not someone more intelligent?!” I was confused at what I could possibly do to need this happen to me. Why not someone else? There are billions of other girls out there, why me?

    “As you can see,” He gestured to my new body, “you are one of us now...a Decepticon. You will learn our history, science, and military strategy and information gathering in one. You would do well to obey all orders from now on, or else you will pay the price.” He finished and left the room.

    I began to long for Optimus Prime or one of the Autobots to find and rescue me. But I knew they would never know I needed help in the first place. My hope began to dwindle as I realized I was a lost cause. All of these things were twisting and turning inside of me. As my thoughts began to drift, I thought of Optimus being inside of Cybertron and unable to return to earth, the other Autobots rebuilding Cybertron, and Megatron somewhere unknown to me.

    Before I fell asleep, I heard the wall open and many loud footsteps walking in and around the table that had been moved so it was horizontal.

    “So this is the new girl?”

    “The human?”

    “Yes.”

    “Isn’t she pretty?”

    “She won't last a minute.”

    “Give her a chance, and besides, she's the only girl we've had here since that insane Arachnid.”

    “I call giving her a tour!”

    “Shut up!” There was a thump and someone groaned.

    “Shh, you're all too loud, you'll wake her up. Come on, let's get back in duty  before Starscream catches us.”

    As they left, I could not help myself from laughing on the inside. Boys, almost all of them seem to be the same. As I almost entered stasis, I thought of Optimus one more time. I am sorry for everything, I thought. Then I was gone.