Chapter 4: The Truth Comes Out

"I thought you had changed. I knew it from the moment you gave Optimus your hand, you had a good side in you. No matter how tampered it is." I said, desperate for it to be still true.

"Then it may grieve you for me to say it was an impulsive action and temporary change for the time being. It is not my nature to just quit." He began pacing toward me slowly.

"It is time now, to know what you are really here for. First, let me ask you a simple question. Have you ever wondered, why it is that we brought you, a young human girl, into our ranks?" Well of course I did!

"Why we would choose you, just you, out of the entire world of humans?" Exactly!

"Well here is your answer. You knew we were here without any proof and without question. You did not tell anyone about this. Instead, you you built your own evidence, memories, and dangerous information. We could not let this go on without stopping it, for in the wrong hands could lead to our utter destruction." What was he talking about? I did not do anything like that, I would certainly remember doing so. Sure, I watched my robot and alien movies more than any normal person would, but really? Keep and make my own evidence? How would I be able to come up with anything or find anything to work?

"Now that you are here, you will act like a Decepticon, you will look like a Decepticon, and you will be a Decepticon. You WILL obey all orders and exceed all requirements. When you are allowed on the battlefield, you will not rush over to the Autobots, not that you will succeed, they will terminate you on sight. You will call me Lord. And remember, unlike me, Optimus Prime would have never asked YOU to join his side, you are too weak and worthless, but now he is dead and will never return again. " He ended with a flick of his arm.

At that moment, Rockbumper came back in as if everything was fine and I could bear to hold myself together no longer. I fell to my knees without absolute shock and pain at the reality. Megatron had spoken the truth I was trying to avoid, because I couldn't stop hoping it might not be true.

"Rockbumper, exhort her to her room immediately." Starscream ordered, then he turned to talk to Soundwave, who I had not noticed before in the background. Rockbumper helped me up and walked me through the door, back to my room without a word. Megatron had struck me mentally and emotionally, the blow made it so I could not speak. We walked through the door. He set me on my bed and closed the door so we would have privacy. After going back to sit next to me, he looked me in the eye.

"Are you alright?" He waited, but then continued on when I did not answer. "What happened? What did they do to you in there? Scrap, why are you not speaking? For the love of Cybertron, answer me!" He pleaded. I forced myself to make out what was going through my mind and speak.

"Megatron gave me the truth...he...he told me..." My voice faltered.

"Go on." He encouraged.

"That I was weak and that Optimus would have been so disappointed in me, and he told me that even if Optimus was still alive, I would have never had a chance because I was to weak and...worthless..." I paused. "He reminded me that all hope is lost because Optimus is ...dead." I said with a dark tone and atmosphere. He turned from me to look forward, leaned back, and sighed.

"I'm sorry Gabrielle. Don't let his words take effect on you. You are strong. Don't let that beautiful light of hope of yours go out, there is still hope. " Then he fell silent as he moved his hand to my thigh in comfort. We sat like this for an hour without a single movement. I cried silently in my mind and wanted Megatron to be lying so badly, but I knew every word was true. I wanted the Autobots here on earth. Megatron still changed as well. And Starscream getting beaten on the head for some sense. At the end of the hour we sat, a messenger opened the door.

"Commander Starscream has sent me to give Gabrielle her new schedule. Every other day she will have military training. In between those days, she will alternate between science and medicine with Shockwave and history with Soundwave."

"Thank you." I said barely eligible, which took the messenger by surprise.

"You're welcome." He then exited. I believe his name was Breakbelt. I fell silent again. Rockbumper stood up and said,

"I better get back on guard or else we will both be in some big trouble." And he too, exited. I laid down then and could not help but imagine Optimus in the Tomb of the Primes, very dead. Finally, I began to cry and I expected some window wipers to turn on. Luckily that did not happen. Now I could have a good, uninterrupted cry as I fell into stasis. I dreamt of Optimus jumping down the Well of All Sparks and into the core of Cybertron. The last look on his face, so peaceful yet so frightening to me. It was the worst nightmare of my life.

Right before I completely went out, Rockbumper came in somewhere distant saying, "Goodnight Gabrielle. Do not believe Megatron, you are strong and you will prevail." Then I was gone.