Who Is He?

Hazel had completely pushed him to the back of her mind. Dismissing it as a random event that occurred in her uneventful life.

Trust her, it wasn’t easy in any way. At all.

The charge between them - between two strangers nonetheless - was too abnormally strong it scared her. His gaze would float up as she was day dreaming and she would ram it back, hoping to nail it away and forget all about it.

Yet, here he was.

"Class, we have a new student joining us. Everyone meet Haydn," Mrs Walters announced with what sounded much like awe in her voice. He was definitely something to evoke an ounce of feeling  in Mrs Walters. What Hazel knew for certain was the entire class was gaping at him. Some with jaws hanging wide open.

She couldn’t be more wrong to say he was handsome. He was divine. His chiseled features were one of perfection with sharp lines and angles. His cheekbones were high and prominent with a straight nose and a strong chin. Not to mention lips that tilt up in what could be a mock of a smile that looked so…kissable….

Where did that thought came from?

She gave herself a mental shake and continued her perusal.

Lean and well built. He had long dark blonde hair with streaks of brown in it, reaching his shoulders. Her fingers itched to run through them. To see if they were as soft as they looked. And his eyes…

She hadn’t realized she was deliberately avoiding his eyes. But now she knew subconsciously, she was leaving his eyes for last. They were a striking cobalt blue. Dark and alluring, with something lurking in its depths, something that just might be dangerous…

‘Mr Shade, please take a seat.’

He flickered his gaze to Hazel, then to Chloe who was seating by her side. Then his eyes landed on the only empty seat which was quite far from hers. He walked to it with all eyes watching his every move.

He exuded a grace with his presence and movements, not one of a ballerina but more of royalty.

When class resumed, the few handful of students who actually paid attention in class quite possibly dwindled down to only one, Hazel Lorely. She didn’t want to look at him for lord knows what reason. It was unsettling the way he stared at her. And she knew -- even as she was forcing herself to focus on the topic Mrs Walters was currently droning on-- that his eyes were trained on her.

 Holding her tray of food in hand, she scanned the cafeteria quickly. It was filled and noisy as usual. Each table occupied with a different group of people with their own theme.

No. He wasn’t here.

But who knew how long before he appeared.

Kayla, Chloe and Hilary had waved to her to join them from three different tables of the cafeteria. And she stood still for a moment, pondering her options before deciding against all of them.

She wasn't in the mood for company - unless the company mentioned was a plant or a quiet pet. She prefered to eat outside the cafeteria on the school stairs for today. Sending apologetic glances to all three of them, she went out and made her way to the stairs.

The hallways were empty of course, which was why she enjoyed sitting on the stairs alone munching her sandwich in peace. Many girls would have felt shunned and pathetic having lunch alone but not Hazel. Such things didn't matter to her. Besides, a girl needs her peace and quiet at times

And she doubt she would get that in the cafeteria..

She knew Kayla, Chloe and Hilary had an agenda for inviting her over. They would gush about his appearance and discuss ways to land a date with him. Their voices rising two octaves higher due to their excitement.