Kidnapped

“Are you serious?”

“Do I look like I’m joking?” Hazel snapped testily.

“And are you going to agree?”

“Of course not!”

“But he’s the only one who can help you,”

Hazel looked at Arianna disbelievingly. Was she suggesting what she thought she was suggesting? “Are you telling me I should go to hell? Literally?”

“Well, not exactly but,” Arianna trailed off disconcertedly when Hazel eyes were practically shooting sparks. Then she averted her gaze from Hazel and found a sudden new interest in the movie that was playing.

Hazel was still steaming in anger by her car as their conversation replayed in her head. Subconsciously, her foot began tapping an impatient rhythm. The parking lot was empty. Most of the students had gone home. She was waiting for Arianna who was having a discussion with a teacher. Apparently her previous school hadn’t covered a certain topic and she had problems coping now.

When Haydn popped up by her car, Hazel barely caught herself in time before she shrieked and alerted some one of his sudden appearance. Scowling, she turned her back and ignored him. It was childish, but he deserved it. The heartless bastard.

“You’re still mad.”

“Thanks for stating the obvious,” she said sarcastically.

“You are coming with me, Hazel. It’s not a choice.”

Just at that moment, she spotted Arianna heading towards them. Arianna’s eyes flickered momentarily to Haydn before it went back it Hazel. Hazel stepped forward, putting a distance between Haydn and herself.

“Come with me now, Hazel.”

“No,” she yelled, whipping around to face him. But he was gone. The next thing she knew, she was hauled over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. She screamed and writhed, hoping to throw him off balance. “Let me go you brute!”

“Let her go. You have no right to take her against her will.”

Haydn watched the blonde girl who was quickening her pace and stood a foot away from him. Despite of the unusual circumstances, she seemed oddly composed. Any other mortal would have panicked and whipped out their phone to call the police. Although he knew Hazel had told this girl everything, this girl was taking it all too unnaturally easily.

“I’m sure Hazel had told you. I’m her soul mate.”

“That doesn’t mean you can kidnap her.”

“It gave me the right over her person.”

“She’s not your property.”

“She’s mine to do as I wish.”

“If so, you’ve no respect for her whatsoever.”

He really had no patience to spar with another girl. It wasn’t as if this Arianna girl would ever allow him to cart Hazel away. Besides, Hazel was squealing like a pig in slaughter on his shoulder. “You know too much,” And he made a grab for Arianna too before transporting to the Underworld.

*

Hazel awoken with a pounding in her skull. She pried open her stubborn eyes and everything swam before her. Groaning, she gripped her head and curled into a ball.

“Are you feeling better?”

“No,” she moaned as queasiness started in her stomach.

“Here, drink this.” A warm comforting body supported her back as a hand tilt a cup to her lips. Chilling, cool liquid slid down her throat and the dizziness quelled somewhat. She sighed in contentment.