Chapter Eleven (Part Two)--Caught

Hi, from Toronto! I'm here for the Wattpad party. (No Kidding...I really am invited!) So Freaking excited. Thought it was only appropriate to give you all a chapter. Hope you like it. HUGs to all of you!

 HUGs to all of you!

"Why two days?" Sage asked, picking the bookend lying at Vega's feet.

"That's when Kellan will be here with Robin."

Sage gasped when I said Robin's name. "You saw Robin?"

"No—Kellan."

Vega peered at the book, then back at me. "The book transported you and Kellan to—?"

"The beach pictured on the cover of the book."

"The beach?" Sage said, with a sigh. "Sweet! I'd happily let it transport Robin and me somewhere secluded. Do you think it takes requests?"

"After we burnt its cover and beat the living daylights out of it to get it to spit her out? Are you crazy?" Vega gave Sage a stern look then took the bookend from her and put it back on the shelf.

"Crazy in love..." I answered.

"I can't help it. My head's still spinning from the kiss Robin gave me yesterday."

"Come on." I wrung out my hair onto the floor. Puddles of water trailed behind me as I walked.

I grabbed her arm and snatched the book off the floor. Spying the table Vega had pointed at earlier, I headed over to it and dumped the book on the top, then scanned the tower's shelves hoping to find something that might be familiar.

I narrowed my eyes, then turned to Vega, the tallest of the three of us. "How about you take the top shelves, I'll search the middle two."

"I'll take the bottom rows," Sage said, walking over to the nearest shelf. "Any idea what we're looking for?"

What are we looking for? I concentrated for a moment, tugging at threads of my hazy memories. A rustic cinnamon color filled my thoughts.

"Worn from years of use," I muttered to myself.

Vega, already searching the top shelf, turned and asked, "Did you say something?"

"I don't know—maybe. I keep seeing a rustic, worn cinnamon color in my thoughts."

"Maybe it's the color of book's cover?" Vega asked.

"That's what I was thinking." I scanned the line of books in front of me. "The image is timeworn like it might have a tattered front cover."

"Well, that will help," Sage said, pulling a brown book past the bindings of the others, marking it for me to come back to. "That eliminates more than half the books here."

But two hours later, we weren't any closer to finding the book than when we started. Sage slumped in a chair, while Vega sat on the edge of the table, resting back on her hands, letting her legs swing. I leaned against the railing overlooking the floors below.