Chapter 6

A/N: ...I might be coming back to Wattpad, so, have an update. xD Sorry for the wait.

    Magic was something you had plenty of. Spells were easily cast by you, and there was never really any tiredness that followed when you used your magic. However, whenever you needed to refresh the barrier around your home, which was maybe once every 25 or so years, it always left you drained. The spell had to be huge to cover the area, and it always used a lot of your magic. And when dealing with souls, nothing was ever 100% certain. Souls were unpredictable. And sometimes, if they had enough determination, they could simply refuse to do whatever it is you wanted or needed them to do. 

You were lucky this time around. The red soul, the one you had chosen, was very stable and did not do much when you fused your magic with it. Other than glowing faintly for a brief second, it remained as it was. Behind you you could feel the stares of the Pastas on your back. They were probably wondering how this would work, and this was confirmed when Jeff opened his mouth and asked one of the most stupid questions you had ever had the pleasure of hearing.

"Why can't you use all three of them?"

You couldn't help the snort that escaped your lips. More of your magic rushed into the soul, and it began to swell in size. It expanded until you could no longer see it, as it was enveloping the entire cave and part of the area outside of the cave. When the wall of magic passed through you and the creeps, it felt like you had stepped through a wall of water for a second. It always felt strange to you. As the spell continued to engulf the area, you began to explain.

"Because, when souls are involved, you can't be 100% sure of anything. And just using one soul drains my magic, but trying to use all three? I'd simply cease to exist. Souls are powerful, and they're unpredictable. If they have enough determination, they can simply refuse to do what you want them to do. And even if I did manage to somehow use all three, the spell would be even more unstable than it already is. The magic would be wild and out of control, and even the humans would be able to feel it."

You were sure you had lost Jeff and some of the others half way through the explanation. It made you feel rather smart. You could feel the spell stop, having fully coated the area you desired. Now came the hard part: making sure the spell stayed. You grunted in annoyance and slight pain. Your magic was draining fast, and it would probably take a few days for it to replenish. Damn.

The black magic swelled, and you briefly wondered if you had enough left. Oh, wait, you had an extra reservoir. Where was that damn cat anyways? You muttered under your breath, just loud enough for the pastas to hear, "Where the hell is he when you need him?" You could almost see one of them open their mouths to ask one of the most popular questions out there: "Who?". They didn't get to ask, though, as the one you were talking about finally made his appearance. The cat waltzed up to you, giving a brief and uninterested glance at the pastas before turning back to you.

"Sup?"

"Took you long enough."

If the cat could roll his eyes, you assumed he would be doing so now. Well, actually, he technically could roll his eyes, it's just no one would be able to tell because you know, his eyes are kinda all white. No pupil, no iris, nothing. Just white. It made you feel just a little better on the inside, knowing he couldn't roll his eyes at you. "So, you gonna just sit there or are you gonna actually help? Cause seriously, I'm running pretty low on juice." The cat stared at you for a second, before groaning like the little child he was and turning to help. You could feel his magic surge and combine with yours and the spells, and the spell immediately responded.

Another wave like the one before passed, and the area was briefly illuminated by a soft and red glow before it was snuffed out. Trying to get the spell to stay up was kind of like trying to stretch a balloon over an overturned bottle. You had to stretch the one opening, making sure it stayed open so you could pull it over the bottle. Then, to make sure it wouldn't slip once you got it on the bottle, you had to "tie it off", or stretch a rubber band around the bottom so it couldn't slip.

In this case, your rubber band was the Cat's magic. It looped around the spell, reinforcing it and tying it off so the spell wouldn't "slip" and disperse. The room was cast into shadow for a second before the glow of the moon restored the soft light. The spell was done, and it left you both physically and magically drained. A yawn escaped your lips, and you turned towards Slender.

"So, can I crash at your place?"

A sigh escaped Slender, but he nodded none the less, knowing how replacing the spell always left you. A tired Boogeyman was a cranky Boogeyman. A lazy grin formed on your face. "Sweet. I'll meet you all there~" The Pastas watched as you returned to your original form, the much scarier looking one, and dashed off towards the entrance of the cave. BEN was the one to break the silence. "What the fuck was that." Slender sighed again.