Chapter Five - Packing time

The last days in Leschi, Seattle, passed quickly. Nora and Emily went to school, just like they always did. Nora didn't tell Emily a thing about her evening with Myles. Besides, Emily was too busy talking about her crush, Gavin. She would end up jealous, which wasn't a fun thing to deal with during her final week in the United States.

They went to a spa, just like Mrs Printemps said and they got pampered with masks, bubble baths, soothing crèmes and body lotions. When they walked out of the spa, feeling fresh and nurtured, Nora really wanted to get something to drink, thinking passionately about the Starbucks coffee. The spa was near the café so they stopped by.

''I bet it's not just the coffee that you love, am I right?'' Emily said while raising an eyebrow.

Nora got a little bit disappointed when she discovered that Myles didn't have to work that day, but she was able to conceal her sad face with making Emily happy by buying her an extra cookie and coffee; it made her happy too. There were pictures taken again, because Nora was still carrying her Polaroid with her. They took pictures of each other's silly faces and filled coffee cups. Each time when Nora packed up all the pictures, she used a marker to write down the date and where the photo was taken. Then she put them away in a folder to keep it safe during the travel to Europe. The other day after school, they went to see a movie, about a dad and his children living in the forests of the Pacific Northwest with a mission to save the mother of the six children. It was a real sob story and they both cried at the end. Afterwards they laughed, feeling relieved that they were able to cry so freely and talked about the movie while they were eating pizza at the local Pizza Hut. They sang the song which was used at the end out loud and Nora laughed at Emily for not knowing the famous Guns 'n Roses song. The plot, the central subjects used in the movie, the characters, everything was mentioned during their conversation there. Nora tried not to choke in her coke when Emily used a joke from the movie to make her laugh out loud. They took pictures again, but this time it were the pizzas, the dessert and the movie tickets they'd bought. The girls didn't even think about downloading the movie, which happens a lot. The girls really wanted to go to the cinema, just like they did when Finding Nemo came out on the big screen when they were little. They even bought a big box of sweetened popcorn to share. Emily flirted with the guy behind the desk, like always when she had the chance to do so.

After the days spending time in the spa, the Starbucks and the cinema, Nora thought it might be a good idea to pack her bags, also because her mother begged her to do so. Her mother understood that Nora wanted to share a bit of freedom with Emily and go out and visit places together. She finally understood that Nora didn't really want to move away and she wanted to respect that, but at the same time, the control freak in her had risen and wanted to get things done. But Nora's mother still tried to do everything to respect her daughter's opinion. She had let her go shopping together with Emily.

''I do need comfortable clothes for during the journey on the plane,'' Nora have said.

''Well, I bet you have more than enough to wear on the plane. Besides, it's a long flight but that means there will be more comfort. You will not get cold along the way.''

''But it's colder in England, I have to be better prepared. I want cool sweaters with prints. And by the way, you've chosen a flight where there is more room for our stuff, so we can pack whatever we like, which also means I can buy more clothes for now. Think 'bout it, when I buy clothes here, I can spend more money on school there! I'm going to a university, come on. I must look a bit stylish.'' Emily stood beside Nora when she said that and had nodded heavily.

Eventually, they went shopping, Nora found what she wanted and Emily bought a beautiful white dress for a party at school. She was fully devoted to the dress and had the full confidence that she could finally persuade Gavin. They both went home that day, feeling jolly and succeeded.