Haunting past

Nina's Pov
   As the last bell of the day dismisses the class out of 7th period my gaze breaks away from the window. I couldn't help daydreaming of James after giving him my number in 2nd period. Patiently waiting for a text from him the rest of the school day was driving me slowly insane. As I gather my books from desk and start towards the door I see a familiar face appear at the door.

"Anything yet girly?" Jade asked sweetly giving a silly smirk.

"Nothing." I wince chewing on my bottom lip exiting the door while Jade followed.

"Meh. He will text you eventually boo." She said furrowing her brows. "Or maybe he will call you and express his love to you." She laughed knowing I would get uncomfortable.

"Jaaaade. Stop." I laughed giving her a little shove.

"Fiiiine. Ohh there's Bae." She blushed looking towards her boyfriend Mathew.

Giving me a tight squeeze then skipping towards him yelling, "Byeee! Love youuuu!" I continued walking down the hall turning the corner. As I get to my locker I put all my homework into my black Nike bag and pull the draw strings onto my shoulders. As I close my locker I feel huge cold hands grip my waist from behind.

"Hey babe." An all too familiar voice whispers. I quickly turn around and see Luke's face inches from mine.

"Get off of me Luke. I said we are done for good. You can't try to hop back into my life after 3 months not being together." I say gently shoving him to the side and looking at the ground.

"Why is you trippin still Nina?! Stop being a child and forgive me. Remember that I'm the only one willing to love you that's actually worth something." He exclaimed slightly raising his voice as he puts his hand on my stomach pushing me against the locker.

"Yea. Because I'm the childish one." I say sarcastically pushing him almost causing him to fall. "Luke. I don't want you. I don't want to talk to you. Leave me alone."

"Listen bitch, I made you popular. I let you date me." He growled pinning me to the locker with his hand gripping my throat. "And I did it out the kindness of my heart. I never even got in your pants. Yet you still question why I was cheating on you." The anger intensifying in his voice. I could feel veins starting to pop out as he kept tightening his grip causing me to be unable to breathe. My hands on his huge hand scratching trying desperately to get him to let go. I could feel his blood getting thick between my fingers. As I began to see spots his hand was ripped from my throat. Dropping to my knees catching my breath I look up and see two figures on the ground fighting. Blinking my eyes tightly trying to be able to see I open them back and see James on top of Luke punching repeatedly. The few students that were in the hall started surrounding them recording and hooting. Finding my way to my feet I push people out of my way I grab James arm and pulled him as hard as I could but it did not faze him. As he punched Luke blood was flooding Luke's face.

"James!!! Come on!" I yelled desperately trying to get James off of Luke. As I look up I see a school security guard running down the hall towards us.

"James!!!" I scream gaining his attention."We need to run now!" I demanded pulling him up. Grabbing his hand as he got to his feet, pulling him along I sprinted down the hall running out of an exit. As I ran I felt James speed up still holding my hand.

"Get on my back!" He demanded slowing down. I followed my instruction and hopped on while running. Speeding up significantly towards a black Volvo in the parking lot. Turning my head to see if we were still being chased I saw Mr. Neely sprinting out the building trying his hardest to catch us. Suddenly in put down.