Re-kindle

Luke's Pov

      As I watch Chance brutally beat the boy who stole my girl I get a sickening feeling in my stomach. Chance repeatedly slams the bat into the guys head before I yell at him to stop.

"Chance! Stop you're going to kill him!" I yell trying to get him to stop for a moment so the guy can breath.

"Luke he's probably fucking her too! You know it, and she's enjoying it! Do you like seeing her fuck with him?!" Chance spits at me getting furious that I'm not as cruel as he wants me to be. I run a hand through my hair and hesitate to reply.

"Do as you want. I'm no murder." I murmur before walking to the tree next to us and sitting in the grass with my back against the tree. I let my hands support my head as I listen to painful crys escaping the boys lips. As I begin to pick through my head trying to capture what led to this. I begin to remember me and the boys first encounter. I remember Alina trying to help me even though I was hurting her. Then I begin to remember that she yelled his name. His name was James I think. I know she wasn't helping me when she got him to get off me, she was helping James. Just as I start to pick through my brain a little more I feel Chance pulling my body through grass by my shirt. I open my eyes and see headlights speeding down the street towards james' body. I quickly find my way to my feet seeing the unconscious guy laying there. Chance still gripping my shirt I swipe his hand off and jump the fence into another backyard. Chills travel up my spine as I begin to wonder whether or not that Chance killed James. I stop running and I calmly walk across the backyard and hop over the fence. Not caring where my body fell I dropped on to grass but quickly discovered I hadn't fell into a backyard. I begin rolling down a hill as I start to slow down I lye in the grass. Suddenly I feel the weight of Chances body hit me as he rolled down the hill. The blow caused me to begin rolling again. I heard a splash then quickly found myself creating my own splash. Water rushed over my body as I sank in the icy water. Quickly I stopped myself from sinking and got my head above the water. Swimming in a circle searching for chance. As my eyes search the water I swim to a wooden fishing deck. As I reach it I am quickly pulled under. I open my eyes and the cold sandy water causes my eyes to burn. I spot what pulled me under and I see Chance panicking, his foot caught in some type of wire. I quickly reach in my pocket and grab the pocket knife. Swimming towards his feet I cut at the wire as I feel the air leaving my body. Now I am the only thing creating motion in the water. Desperately I stab at the wire. It finally snaps and releases chances unconscious body. As quickly as I can I grab onto chances shirt a swim to the surface. As I hit the surface I gasp for air feeling pain in my lungs. I climb onto the deck and pull Chances motionless body out of the cold water. As he lays their suddenly water slams out his mouth and nose. As he sits up he looks to me he hugs me smiling.

"Thanks little bro." He says still breathing hard.
*************************************
Nina's Pov

      As I sit beside James' limp unconscious body I lay my head on his chest, our hands hand in hand. I feel a warm hand greet my back rubbing up and down. Quickly I raise my head only to be disappointed when the hand isn't James'. Finding that Cynthia is the owner I force a small smile to tell her not to be worried.

"Nina, it's time to go." She says checking the time on her phone.

"Sissy... I don't want to leave his side. Especially since he's not even awake to see I'm here." I say firmly hoping she would understand my reasoning."Cynthia it's my fault he's here."

"Nina it's not your fault. It was probably someone who was desperate and was looking for something." She tried to argue.

"You have no idea. It's all my fault Cynthia. I have to explain a lot to you." I say burying my face into her stomach and wrapping my arms around her waist.