Chapter 10: Hurt

"It worked." He sighed. Derek backed away from the door as he slid down the wall. I joined him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." He smiled. I smiled shutting my eyes.

"What do you hear?" Derek questioned as Scott pressed his ear to the door.

"Heartbeats."

"Both of them?" Derek questioned.

"Actually, three of them." Scott stated.

"Three? What? How? There shouldn't have been anyone there." I stated standing up as Derek followed after. Derek went to the door as he was going to open it.

"What are you doing?" Scott questioned.

"Close the door behind me, keep it shut." Derek stated not making any eye contact with us.

"Derek, please don't do this." I begged grabbing his shoulder.

"You go in there alone. You're either going to kill them, or they kill you." Scott tried to put a sense of reason in Derek.

"That's why I'm going in alone." He stated opening the door and rushing in. Scott quickly shut the door behind him locking it.

"Derek no!" I yelled trying to go after him but Scott wouldn't let me in.

"DEREK!" I screamed trying to get to the door but Scott held me back.

"No! Derek!" I cried falling to me knees. As I heard them fighting.

"Ah." I cried as I felt multiple injuries on my body leaving light scratches on me.

"Ah-ow! Derek!" I yelled as the pain intensified.

"I love you, Amanda." Derek's voice echoes through my head.

Derek was getting weak. I could feel his energy draining. I looked at my brother begging him to open the door.

"Scott, please." I cried. He opened the door as we rushed inside. There Derek knelt his head hanging low. Looking weak. I rush over to him kneeling in front of him. Cora and Boyd passed out on the ground beside us.

"Derek look at me." I begged. He looked up at me out of breath.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

"Please, don't do that again. You almost died. And I felt everything." I cried. He cupped my cheeks kissing me tenderly, he pulled away, looking at Scott.

"There's a teacher I'll take care of her, get them out of here." Derek ordered. Isaac came up to me pulling me away from him.

"No, I'm staying with him." I protested.

"Take her home Isaac." Derek ordered. I looked at him in disbelief. As Isaac picked up Cora, he dragged me out by the arm. I looked back at Derek to see him walking into the supply area. There she was, the one teacher who will forever be my enemy. Jennifer Blake. The way they looked at each other broke my heart and I had to look away and walk out of the school quickly.

"Amanda. Are you alright?" Isaac questioned trying to stop me.

"I'm fine. I'll see you guys later." I mumbled as I rushed to the loft. I gathered some of my items Walking out of there making my way home.

"Hello Amanda." Damon smiled walking up beside me.

"Not now Damon. Leave me alone." I sighed still walking.