Part 12: Unknown

Chapter 12:

Delilah authorized her swollen cheek to lay upon the ice cold window, which engorged her with comfort and relief of the staggering pain she was in. There was now a wall separating her from tears. She was now numb and hopeless. All she could do was watch as her life depended on the one person who caused danger to it. To avoid unraveled thoughts all she did was stare at the road ahead and began counting the building that every now and then began appearing until her mind became tiresome. Darkness had finally consumed the light of day and stars took its place. It had been 9 hours since their runaway journey began. But with darkness settling meant that dark thoughts could arise as well.

Thoughts that would easily get Delilah in a mental hospital. She hesitantly glanced at Isaac from the corner of her eye. Studying his features, examining his every move. From the way his Adam's Apple would rise to him rushing his fingers down his untamed honey curls effortlessly.Her stomach tied,It was just something odd and peculiar. Something she hadn't felt before, something she didn't feel was right. She swallowed hectically and maneuvered her eyes away from his features as she fumbled with her bruised fingers and went back to thinking about absolutely nothing at all.

"Delilah?"

The hairs on the back of her neck arose at the way Isaac's tongue rolled off her name.

She shifted in her seat. "What."

"Are you hungry?" He questioned, taking a quick and worries glance at her frail and weak body.

She brought her knees up to her chest as she remained with her head on the car window. All she wanted to do was speak as little as possible with him. She was trying to avoid as much small talk she possibly could. She was still frightened and traumatized, with flash backs of Isaac's dead mother covered in crimson substance replaying in her stressed mine over and over again.

The moving vehicle came to a drastic and violent stop, causing her head to come in contact with the dashboard and her to encounter more ruthless pain.

"Delilah,what's wrong with you?" Isaacs voice bombed regaining a whimper to leave her dried throat.

She seethed to answer him, her fingers rattled like the tail of a rattle snake and she dropped her head down into her palms quivering in fear constantly. He shifted in his seat before the car door slammed and several seconds later the door of the passengers seat was pried vigorously. The entire time Delilah held her breath as Isaac's eyes converted into something she hadn't seen in a while. Something satanic flickered in his chocolate eyes she feared. His rough hands snaked around her bruised wrists, taking her out of her seat and out and about in the open. His gazed perched through her soul.

"What's wrong with you? Why won't you speak to me?" He shook her violently regaining sobs of fear to leave her mouth.

"I'm scared. Okay! Is that what you want to hear? I'm scared, because you were the one who took me away and now I have to believe that you're saying the truth and that I should trust you," Her words came out in grunts as fresh tears fled her eyes.

She didn't know what to do anymore.

She was scared.

She was frightened.

Her weak arms shoved at his chest, which in doing so didn't accomplish anything just anger from Satan himself. His blood shot eyes emerged from his skull and his rough fingers tightened around her shoulder.

"You're hurting me," She whimpered.

It was as if Isaac was in some sort of trans, a trans that could make anyone fear him. His veins seemed like the branches of a tree that were being pushed and shoved by the heavy winds of a storm. And his arms were getting tighter, and tighter. A hold that could easily kill any living creature with a simple squeeze. But his eyes, his once chocolate warm, juvenile eyes  were consumed by something so dark, so twisted.

"Isaac, please," She cried out a broken sob which caused him to leave the grasp of the trans and his hands to loosen around her rattling wrists. His eyes softened but fear compelled his features.

"I-I'm ...sorry."

"I didn't mean to hurt you," his eyes held disappointment and anger. It was something that wasn't directed at her though. Isaac Fisher was disgusted by himself. His breaths became heavy and his fists balled up tightly until his knuckles turned white.His quivering fist was ready to strike at an object which Delilah assumed was her.

She sobbed out and rose her arms to cover her face for what was yet to come. "Please, stop don't hurt me," she plead in a stuttered cry.
She could feel the wind be battered by the swing of his fist and hear the contact it made with the hood of the car?Her eyes squinted cautiously. She was confused but relieved.

He didn't hit her.

His breathing was heavy and sharp and his jaw had clenched tightly as he was leaning over Delilahs body and his fist was dug into the hood of the car. Seconds felt like days at how close his body was to hers regaining a shiver from the girl but Isaacs now weak body to quiver.

He used his anger to push himself off of the quivered body while turning on the balls of his feet and headed inside a place which once opened violently exposed blissful melodies and smells which caused Delilah's shoulders to sink and her stomach to crave. But she didn't dare follow the predator into his nest. Her mind was else where, the else where were her mind would be negative, a place where dead ends where common. And the thought of what Isaac had felt at seeing his only mother slip away from this world in a matter of seconds. She wanted to give him a few minutes to cool. But she didn't have to let that happen. She didn't have to obey him, obey his sadness and react with sympathy and warmth towards it. She didn't have to sit still and wait to be directed by someone dangerous and capable of anything and everything. She could run away and find her parents  and fight back at anytime. But why didn't she? She didn't even know how to respond to that. Her reason was unknown even to herself.

//Unedited //

Author's Note // hey guys it's Aster. I am so very sorry for not updating for 2 months now I've just had a really hard time lately , a whole lot of family problems that I can't even keep up with. So I used the free time I had to write this for you guys. I know it's not the best. And kind of sloppy but I wanted to give you guys something. Give this to those who have waited to read my story. I'm sorry for the errors in this chapter maybe I'll go back when I have time to fix misspelled and grammar errors in the future. I hope I don't take longer to update next time but I'll try my best to update in less than a month. Until the next chapter my lovely readers.

Love / Aster